The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

m3photo

Forgive me but ...

... I see this image and I like it but I always have this urge to correct the colour cast on ones similar to this one where in this instance it's the sky that imposes its blues.

If I may; I've brought it back to this:

where I've simply added 50 Yellow and 25 Red to the Colour Balance on the Midtones.
Auto Colour as a good starting point works on almost all images but it can never do its work correctly on ones like this.

biglouis

Lovely pictures in this thread, really like ReeRay's still life, Brian's street capture and Keith's towering architecture pucture.

LouisB

scho

The woodland wildflowers are starting to make an appearance in our area. Here are a few from today's walk in the woods. All shot with the E-P2 and Contax G 35mm f/2 Carl Zeiss Planar.

Marsh Marigold

False Hellebore

White Skunk Cabbage

D

Devon Shaw

"Tip Pepe Winery - Spain"

E-P2 with 14-42 zoom

Keith

Wow. This is really.. for lack of a better word.. trippy. I thought at first that I was looking at an image that had gone through the liquify filter. Nice job.

Devon

Brian Mosley

Re: Forgive me but ...

... I see this image and I like it but I always have this urge to correct the colour cast on ones similar to this one where in this instance it's the sky that imposes its blues.

If I may; I've brought it back to this:

where I've simply added 50 Yellow and 25 Red to the Colour Balance on the Midtones.
Auto Colour as a good starting point works on almost all images but it can never do its work correctly on ones like this.
You're right Michael, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission :rolleyes:

On the one hand, I like what you've done to the colour balance, but on the other - the image I posted reflects the feel of the dimming light very well... I suspect the ideal would be somewhere between the two.

Thanks for caring enough to post your rendition... I appreciate an illustration gets the point across most effectively (just a good idea to ask permission on the interminable net... lest someone gets offended ;))

Cheers

Brian

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
To start with, I bought the GH1 to use with old manual focus lenses and to do some video. Yesterday however, I was going to a press conference, and the GH1 was the only camera available that would work with my Metz. Since I don't have any m43 lenses, I took two OM Zuikos with me, the 21mm f/3.5 and the 35-70mm f/3.6.

It felt like going to war with a water gun, but apart from missing focus now and then, and the fact that I had to use the Nikon adapter for the Metz, so all on manual, it was a great experience. So much so that I will consider buying a G1 backup/supplement camera (they can be had for a song now) and a complete set of lenses (7-14, 14-something and 50-200)... and a somewhat smaller flash. With that, I will have a very light and compact "action" set, ready for almost anything.

I haven't been through all the photos yet, but here's one that caught my attention. Slightly front-focused, but this is only for web use, so I'll survive.

GH1 with OM Zuiko 35-70mm f/3.6

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
One from today, slightly different style, my 84 year old father. Ambient light at his desk.

GH1 with Zeiss C/Y 85mm f/1.4 @ f/1.4 or 2.0