The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

I

Infrared-IR

Waterfall from a hike this weekend 05/01/10 in COlorado Springs, CO

Lumix G1, 14~45mm Kit Lens, 1/8th second, hand held. RAW-TIFF-JPG

jotloob

Subscriber Member
This is an exciting thread showing many really good images .
Thanks to all who show their images here .

Jürgen

seakayaker

There are a lot of embarassingly good pictures here. Embarassingly good because they reach beyond what most people's expectations of the capabilities of 4/3rds cameras.

Especially, shawn, Brian, Rick, Dan and Klaus

LouisB
Thank you for your kind words . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan

~ ;)

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
mFT does very well, or I should say, the GF1 since that is my only sample, at producing files that print very well.
I did a 22 by 16 or so print yesterday and I was very impressed. Side by side comparisons with M8 files were awfully close.
The one caveat is that sharpening needs to be handled carefully as they easily look over-sharpened.
lately for large print using CS5, I have been using simple bicubic to get the file to print size plus 20% then bicubic sharper to bring it back down to size.
-bob

Brian Mosley

Thanks for the reminder Bob, I just took a look at the Leica image thread and I think we're doing surprisingly well over here! I need to get my Hexanon lenses out for some shallow depth of field work.

E-PL1 + Hexanon 57mm f1.2
1/60s f/2.8 at 57.0mm iso500

Cheers

Brian

Brian Mosley

From my walk this morning... I wanted to show some images from m4/3rds with more narrow depth of field.

E-P2 + Hexanon 57mm f1.2
1/800s f/4.0 at 57.0mm iso200

E-P2 + Hexanon 57mm f1.2
1/800s f/5.6 at 57.0mm iso200

E-P2 + Hexanon 57mm f1.2
1/2000s f/4.0 at 57.0mm iso200

And of course the superbly sharp 20mm f1.7 - such a versatile lens!

E-P2 + 20mm f1.7
1/800s f/5.6 at 20.0mm iso200

Thanks for looking :)

Brian

seakayaker

Sunset Sunshine Garden

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton Asph 50 mm f/1.5 - ISO 100 - f/1.5 - 1/1600 - 50mm

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Brian, the spirits are alive and well for that moment in time. The hunch back appears to be a little to much for his counterpart.

. . . . . they both look as they are about to come apart but at the same time stay cool.

Excellent find, a great shot!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Yes, agree. The Pana 20 mm is a must have !

Diamonds

Klaus:

I value your opinion. I have the Oly 17, shall I buy the Pano 20 as well (can't buy it with a body as I have an E-P2 and a G1)

I see from your bills that you are into eating again. 15 loaves of Uber-Pumpernickel, and 5 Bavarian cream cakes won't help the agility that you need for your photography - I think there is other stuff in those lists, but I can't translate it. :deadhorse:

Keith

Brian Mosley

Keith, I'm not Klaus - but I can certainly highly recommend the 20mm f1.7... I've found it to be worth every penny.

Cheers

Brian

Godfrey

... Banjo & Kazoo ...

Panasonic L1 + Olympus ZD 25mm f/2.8
ISO 200 @ f/5 @ 1/40 second

A street minstrel in Dublin, Ireland.

Comments always appreciated, thanks for looking.