The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Re: ... Banjo & Kazoo ...

Panasonic L1 + Olympus ZD 25mm f/2.8
ISO 200 @ f/5 @ 1/40 second

A street minstrel in Dublin, Ireland.

Comments always appreciated, thanks for looking.
Godfrey

My kind of shot (and music, I think) At first I thought that it was a too-tight crop, but after a good look, I think not. I am beginning to feel that cropping is one of the most important artistic tools that the photographer has to master.

Well done

Keith

Godfrey

Re: ... Banjo & Kazoo ...

My kind of shot (and music, I think) At first I thought that it was a too-tight crop, but after a good look, I think not. I am beginning to feel that cropping is one of the most important artistic tools that the photographer has to master.

Well done
Thank you, Keith.

scho

Spring? Trail crews still not finished with repairs on some of our gorge trails.
E-P2 with Contax G 28mm f/2.8 Biogon

seakayaker

Keith, I'm not Klaus - but I can certainly highly recommend the 20mm f1.7... I've found it to be worth every penny.

Cheers

Brian
+1

I love having the GF1 with 20mm in my coat pocket. I took this shot while walking to work the other day. The photo is the front entrance of St. James Cathedral in Seattle, the light was right on a nice cool morning, and the window over the doors just looked good.

GF1 with LUMIX G 20/F1.7 - ISO 100 - f/1.7 - 1/250 - 20mm

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

kweide

Hey Keith

i never thought i would have to say that but: If you attach that Pana lens to you E-Px body you will instantly forget about the Oly 17 mm although it is a gem too. Reasons are so easy to see:

Pro
It is razor sharp even at f1.7
it has a fine bokeh
it renders beautifully with a really fine microcontrast.

Cons
It is only 20 mm, would prefer 14 mm at f1.7

It is now my always on lens on E-P1

Klaus

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Hey Keith

i never thought i would have to say that but: If you attach that Pana lens to you E-Px body you will instantly forget about the Oly 17 mm although it is a gem too. Reasons are so easy to see:

Pro
It is razor sharp even at f1.7
it has a fine bokeh
it renders beautifully with a really fine microcontrast.

Cons
It is only 20 mm, would prefer 14 mm at f1.7

It is now my always on lens on E-P1

Klaus
Brian and Klaus:

Thanks for the advice - I get a Pana 20/1.7 today :thumbup:

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Here are a couple of pictures from my recent trip to Rome - after dusk and with the lights switched on

E-P2 with 14-42 kit zoom

"Trevi Fountain 1 and 2"

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Very interesting post processing, so sharp Keith! what are you using to process these?

Cheers

Brian
Brian - it is Topaz Adjust 4.

Simon Hughes, a regular contributor to this site also uses Topaz. His web site explains why he likes it ( http://web.mac.com/simonchughes/Site/Home.html ) - and I am totally in line with him. It is not just what you see, but it is mostly about what you feel when you take an image. Topaz images make look at first glance exaggerated, but they give me much more confidence of "this is what I saw"

Keith

seakayaker

I picked up a used Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2.8/35 which was originally mounted on a Contax camera. Found it a neighborhood camera shop, Jim's Camera in Seattle. I took this shot while driving over the ship canal bridge.

View of University of Washington lower campus and Medical Center with the roof of Husky Stadium and Cascade mountains in the background.

GF1 with Zeiss Distagon 35mm f/2.8 -- ISO 100 -- f/5.6 - 1/1000 -- 35mm

JGH

Hi All,
I recently got Lightroom 2 and Photoshop Cs5 and have been playing around.
I also have been using Lightzone, Olympus Studio 2 and Photomatix 3 Pro.
Im sure i can do everything in Ps5, problem is theres so many tools, filters and do-dads to play with i get lost.
Here are a couple of HDR pics, there not great. First attempt etc, i will have to play around more. I really like the effect though.:) J

JGH

Well we are currently having the second thunderstorm of the year and i have no chance of getting any pics of lightning due to the fact that its daylight and im not experienced enough to capture such an image.
Anyone got any lightning pics to share?
I would love to see them and know how you captured them.

Thanks
J

Last edited:

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Just getting around to process some of my "non-Bokeh" images from my cruise.

Kusadasi in Turkey has some of the most dramatic coastline landscape pictures that can be taken from a ship.

This is a late afternoon sailaway. Fortunately most ships leave at this time, so the lighting is wonderful - but it needs special attention in PS

Olympus E-P2 with kit zoom, 14-42, 1/4000s, f5.6

Keith

jonoslack

Thanks for the reminder Bob, I just took a look at the Leica image thread and I think we're doing surprisingly well over here!
Hi Brian.
Not sure that it's surprising, but I certainly agree. Do you have a theory to explain why so many of the great posters come from Seattle? (on both threads)

biglouis

JGH, thanks for the comment. Keith, that is a very dramatic maritime shot. Lovely shots by Dan and Dragos.

LouisB