The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I'll have the pickled herring special at $5.99 :)

Keith

6:27:20 PM
That is still sunshine!

The Intersection

GF1 with Ernst Leitz Wetzlar Summitar 5cm f/2 -- ISO 100 -- f/2 -- 1/800 -- 5cm

Twelve hours later and the sun is still out and it is warm!

Sitting having coffee with a friend at outdoor cafe, planned parenthood staff out side collecting signatures for something, biker waiting for light, women with child across the street, life at the intersection . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Michiel Schierbeek

You are co-responsable for the inflation, Keith :mad:
The pickled herring is @ 5.79 :ROTFL:

C U,
Rafael (it's lunchhour here, very hot, and I just had a salad with pickled mussels, mmmmm...)
Some important information for a Photoforum:
Pickled herring prices in Amsterdam are €2,20 a piece at this very moment. :lecture:
Michiel

seakayaker

C U,
Rafael (it's lunchhour here, very hot, and I just had a salad with pickled mussels, mmmmm...)

Some important information for a Photoforum:
Pickled herring prices in Amsterdam are €2,20 a piece at this very moment. :lecture:
Michiel

Now that I know where the interest lies, I'll keep I eyes on the price of pickled herring . . . . . :D:D:D:D:D

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Klaus, a beautiful photograph! :thumbup:

I love sailing, blue water, blue sky, and a fair wind, it's heaven! :angel:

Life is Grand!

Dan

~ ;)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member

C U,
Raf

I put in 20 cents to ship it to Canada

I don't think we can get pickled mussels here - I will research it, because I want some.

Keith

Last edited:

Brian Mosley

those are fantastic could you post some raw photos brian mosley... im waiting for a proper review but no one posts raw files with the e-p2 so that i can get a impression of it. to see if it is s sharper at 150mm and f8 with good subjects like you do in those phots that are amazing (i think i could extract more detail than the photo you have with lightroom and my presettings)

im ot registered in that site but you could post some

do you have some half body portrait i daylight or with flash (bounced or with some diffusor)

if i bought it will be my vacation all day lens and t take portraits (even though withou much background blur i know but at least they will pop because this les has spot on contrast not too much not too little and no veil/glare/haze like my m.zuiko 14-42 kit lens)

which are the focal lenghst yu think are the most fantastic?

from what i have see it must be 25mm or 45mm but at 14mm it is very good too wide open

thanks
Hi compositor, I've started to upload raw samples for you to download and check with your own workflow from the bottom of this thread. You don't need to be registered over there to download the raw files.

Here are the first two shots which I've uploaded raw files :

E-P2 + mZD 14-150mm f4-5.6
1/100s f/7.1 at 14.0mm iso200

1/320s f/7.1 at 150.0mm iso200

I'll try to upload some portrait shots as you requested soon.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Brian

seakayaker

Brian, I love the lines of the Public Bath building, the slant of the road, and the sidewalk. Then when I look at the top of building everything takes on a different perspective with the line of the building behind it.

Fun picture! A lovely capture . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Early Morning Sun on Mount Rainer
Sitting at 14,410 feet above sea level and approximately eight-five miles away.

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* 90mm f/2.8 -- ISO 100 -- f/2.8 -- 1/2000 -- 90mm

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

seakayaker

Orange Flower & the Hovering Bee

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Jena MC Biometar 80mm f/2.8 -- ISO 100 -- f/2.8 -- 1/2500

. . . . . the true of the matter is I did not see the bee until after the shot was taken.

I just enjoyed the lens capturing the bee with its wings in flight!

Life is Grand!

Dan

~ ;)

Brian Mosley

Dan, I love the Mount Rainer image - breathtaking... and Klaus, love your Missing Wind, and In the end images - beautiful!

1/2000s f/5.6 at 15.0mm iso200

1/500s f/5.6 at 120.0mm iso200

1/800s f/5.4 at 63.0mm iso200

Cheers

Brian