The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Tesselator

Thanks!... No applause necessary, just send money! :grin:

Seriously though, it's all the lens. I'm not very good, a lot of birders make me look pretty bad - really.

Just imagine what these would look like if I were using something like a Canon 500mm L lens instead of the 300mm. Then I could post 40% ~ 60% scales that would look MUCH better! Someday when I'm all grown up and rich I may have one. :)

I think if tomorrow is a nice day I'm going to try my Sigma 400/5.6 and see how it does.

Tesselator

Thanks Udvang!

Here's ten 100% crops from the FD 300mm F/4L (in gif format :grin: )

This is one way to beat the ten image max limit. :D Ten plus three smilies! :angel:

Tesselator

Thanks Godfrey!

It's just a bunch of fun! Panasonic/Olympus did a good thing in creating a camera with such a short (shallow) flange distance (depth) without a mirrorbox! It allows us to make use of all the wonderful glass that's been created since almost the very beginning of photography - on a decent enough imager!

Fun! Fun! Fun! I'm just having a lot of fun with this thing!

:)

Here's two more from me (posted in another thread as well):

Sigma 400mm f/5.6 @ f/8, 1/100s, ISO: 500, Camera: GH1

Sigma 400mm f/5.6 @ f/5.6, 1/125s, ISO: 500, Camera: GH1

Leica 77

It's just a bunch of fun! Panasonic/Olympus did a good thing in creating a camera with such a short (shallow) flange distance (depth) without a mirrorbox! It allows us to make use of all the wonderful glass that's been created since almost the very beginning of photography - on a decent enough imager!

Fun! Fun! Fun! I'm just having a lot of fun with this thing!

:)

Here's two more from me (posted in another thread as well):

Sigma 400mm f/5.6 @ f/8, 1/100s, ISO: 500, Camera: GH1

Sigma 400mm f/5.6 @ f/5.6, 1/125s, ISO: 500, Camera: GH1

Hi Tesselator,

The IQ of your Sigma 400mm f5.6 lens is amazing. Looking at the bird's eye, it is incredibly sharp. Speaking of Sigma, Steen from Copenhagen has posted wonderful images taken with a Sigma 10 - 20mm lens in the Nikon thread. Steen's superb images convinced me to purchase a newer version of the Sigma 10 - 20mm lens. I have been most pleased with my new Sigma superwide angle lens. Best regards, :)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Woody, your portraits from your side of the globe is a great inspiration, and a fantastic contrast to the reality I meet around here.

Here's one from a five hour bumpy train journey on hard plastic seats in tropical heat.

GH1 with OM Zuiko 100mm f/2.8

Leica 77

All great images you three... Leica, Woody, Jorgen! ...

Hi Tesselator,
Many thanks for your kind comments! From time to time, I try to include images or words that may be relevant for some of our contemporary global concerns or issues (e.g., "Zero Emission", etc.). Having said that most of my other images are purely for fun. Best regards, :)

Here is one of my brother's calico cats. G1 + Helios 58mm f2.