The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

kweide

A friend passed away

Today in the morning our little cute dog Lulu passed away. Death came without announcement, fast and took her away without any pain without any harm.
Our eyes are full of sorrow and tears, our hearts full of pain.
This was the last picture from her i took yesterday evening.​

DHart

Klaus... as a life-long lover of dogs, I know exactly how hard this is for you and I just want to send my heartfelt condolences to you and your family. When the time comes that I have to say goodbye to my pup (avatar), it will be one of, if not the most difficult, days of my life. So my heart goes out to you, friend. I'm so sorry to read the news. We are amazingly blessed to have these wonderful dogs in our lives; the price we must pay, however, is that they are only with us for such a short time. I pray...may God bless and comfort you... it's a very dark day, I know.

kweide

Thank you all for your words of comfort. Thanks for your support.
Marlof, yes, she loved trees :)

regards
Klaus

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Sometimes, I wonder why I carry with me a camera. People seem to be very happy with their mobile phones :rolleyes:

GH1 with Zeiss CY 85mm f/1.4

This is a crop of a photo taken a couple of hundred meters away, from one of the sky-train stations in Bangkok, into a very dark hall with only stage lighting. Jpeg from camera. No pp except sharpening for web.

Winkel

Uwe - Excellent flowing lines in the dune image.

Sapphie - A fine capture with a great lens... makes me wish it was not -30 degrees C here in Ottawa :(

Most of recent photography consists of rather pedestrian snaps of my daughter but I particularly enjoy this one:

Olympus E-PL1 with Super-Takumar 50/1.4 at f2, ISO 400.

Jim

Leica 77

Yeah, The shops here are nice! A constant turnover of used lenses! ... Here's a few shots all taken between 10pm and 1am - hand-held... All at F/1.2 twenty four hours after that ice storm rolled in...

How often do you come to Japan, or do you live here?
Hi Tessealator,
These two images are my favorites. I enjoy visiting Japan once or twice a year. Some years ago, it was most delightful to visit a remote part of Nagano to see "snow monkeys". They were bathing in hot springs on a snowy day. Needless to say, I captured some endearing images of the snow monkeys in their natural habitat. One of these days, I wish to spend more time in Kyoto, especially in the winter. I once stayed in a beautiful inn in Kyoto where John, Robert, and Ted K. all had stayed. :)

Michiel Schierbeek

Uwe - Excellent flowing lines in the dune image.

Sapphie - A fine capture with a great lens... makes me wish it was not -30 degrees C here in Ottawa :(

Most of recent photography consists of rather pedestrian snaps of my daughter but I particularly enjoy this one:

Olympus E-PL1 with Super-Takumar 50/1.4 at f2, ISO 400.

Jim
Just plain lovely, Jim

Michiel