The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Went to see a theater performance tonight, and since it was near the river, I decided to take some night shots. All with the GH1 and Zeiss 85mm f/1.4 around f/2.0, all hand held. Sorry for the banding in the last one. That was taken at ISO3200, which is not the strongest side of the GH1 :)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Went to the launch of a magazine yesterday, published by Dusit, the Thai hotel chain. Hundreds of friendly people and very good food. Nice magazine too.

GH1 with Zeiss CY 85mm f/1.4

DHart

Nice Jorgen... great colors, expression, composition. And it looks like your 85/1.4 pretty much lives on your camera!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks Don. That lens, the 7-14 and the OM Zuiko 50mm f/2.0 macro seem to be the only lenses I need :)

After champagne and finger food for lunch, seafood for a late dinner seemed appropriate. Life is full of simple choices :D

DHart

Fun with GH2 and Canon FDn 50mm f/1.4.

My GH2 and Canon 50/1.4 were all set up for some product shots I was doing, so at the end of the session I decided to make an image of this LX5 I recently got with the wide angle conversion lens. Canon FDn 50/1.4 on the GH2, set at f/8.

I think the Canon FDn 50/1.4 is a great choice as an adapted lens for m4/3, especially for selective focus images (which this isn't). They're readily available, not expensive, and perform very well.

As for the LX5... I bought mine to replace my recently sold G9 and ZS3... to fill the role of a "grab n run" camera, something smaller, lighter, and more versatile (24-90mm equiv. lens f/2.0-3.3), in a smaller form factor than m4/3. I think the LX5 is a great choice. The wide angle lens does negate this size advantage, but is fun to have available... yields 18mm equivalent field of view. Most of my imaging tasks will go to the m4/3 and FF gear, but the LX5 can fill in here and there where appropriate.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Nice portraits, Ron.

Every time I take one of the express boats up or down the Chao Praya river, I'm hanging out on the side, fighting engine vibrations and waves trying to get at least one sharp photo. This is from last night.

DHart

Ron... nice work with that lens! Beautiful family you have, too.

Jorgen... your photo opportunities never cease to amaze me. And of course, you make wonderful images with that Zeiss 85/1.4.