The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Tesselator

It's a really scratched up lens. :)

Naw, seriously, it's a swarm of some tiny bugs... maybe some kinda nat? They were having a sunlight party when Pana and I crashed it. I set the lens at about 1m focus distance and snapped off 5 or 6 at different shutter speeds - even one with a flash - about 0.8 meters from party central. That one was at 1/10s. These might help to explain:

L

Lucian_rider

I love my 9-18, but sometimes I feel a bit like an a$$ with the results I get...

Two shot several days ago in a nearby county. I had spotted this house on a jaunt to a vineyard and found my way back. I was warned about getting too near by a neighbor--breakins, etc. I had hoped to get some closer, in windows, back, etc.

G1 14-45 (this was where I wished for wider---I would have liked an even more wide perspective and a bit of breathing room)

G1 45-200

G1 FD 24f/2.8 w/Cameraquest adaptor

Its always sad for me to see these old homes just left to rot. For the area its in, its quite 'grand' as this is more farm country than plantation country (western NC). Oh, a little trivia. I was told 2 vultures raise their young in the left/back chimney. How I would love to be there to see them rise off the chimney--don't think its quite time for them raising young yet, but may check and try to go back prepared to wait LOL.

Diane
These images are very atmospheric. Athough it is a shame to see grand old houses deteriorate, there is a kind of beauty in this deterioration. Almost like nature claiming back the abandoned house. An extreme example of this can also be seen in the ruins of Angkor Wat with those huge tree roots snaking their way through the ancient temple. By the way, is your FD 24mm f2.8 lens by any chance a Canon FD 24mm lens? If so, I have the very same lens for my 35mm manual focus Canon SLRs. One of my most frequently used lenses for those cameras.

Diane B

Wow, took those about 2 years ago LOL. Yes, my FD 24/2.8 is the old Canon. In addition I have a 28/2, 35/2.8, 50/1.8 and 135/2.8. I also have a Nikkor 24/2.8 F mount as well as 35/2 which I like a lot (and a Hexanon 40/1.8). I bought the Nikkors to use with my Lensbaby tilt adapter primarily but find myself using the 35/2 with straight adaptor fairly often--all with G1 mostly though occasionally with GF2 and soon with G3.

Riley

Camera Model: E-3
Focal Length: 16.0mm
Aperture: f/3.1
Exposure Time: 0.033 s (1/30)
ISO equiv: 200