The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Spent a few days in Cambodia this week. It was raining :)

GH1 with OM Zuiko 50mm f/2.0 Macro

... but not all the time :)

GH1 with OM Zuiko 50mm f/2.0 Macro

Hauxon

Thanks guy's.

Jorgen how is it using the GH1 in rain? Does have some weather protection? I've been wondering if it would be wise to use my EP1 in moist conditions (light rain/waterfalls etc.).

Hrannar

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
GH1 in the rain? No, I wouldn't do that. That's what the E-5 is for. Or an E-1. But at the moment, an umbrella does the job. Cost me almost $2, 6 or 7 years ago, but if you want quality gear, you just have to pay the price :)

Hauxon

Haha, umbrella. Works in Thailand, not sure if umbrella would be suited for windy Iceland. :D

I've decided to use the EP1 but not abuse it, thus using it in somewhat moist conditions since the body is not that expensive. One should maybe worry more about the lenses.

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thanks you Diane and Pelao. I am finding the G3 to be really special. I can't wait for Lightroom support....might get a little more out of that sensor.

Pelao

Thanks you Diane and Pelao. I am finding the G3 to be really special. I can't wait for Lightroom support....might get a little more out of that sensor.
While a lot obviously depends upon the lens used, I am more and more impressed but the detail captured by the G3. What a nice camera: built-in EVF, articulating screen, great sensor, lenses options and yet so small.

Tempted.

But, I don't want to credit the camera too much - the photographer did an amazing job too. :)

Brian Mosley

Looking to expand colour dynamic range, playing around with PhotoAcute - 3 image handheld burst from the E-PL1 + mZD 17mm f2.8

E-PL1 + mZD 17mm f2.8
1/208s f/6.3 at 17.0mm iso200

E-PL1 + mZD 17mm f2.8
1/262s f/5.0 at 17.0mm iso200

Cheers

Brian