The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Rich M

Another from my "Pavement Ends" series. Please forgive the pseudo-HDR look on the vehicle .. that really is what Alberta dust looks like on a black truck.
Arie......I really like your GF1 B&W captures.........this one included. The photos have so much depth that they appear focus stacked and the conversions add to that.

Brilliant.....R

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Sometimes, I can't decide if I like the colour or b&w version best, so here are both...

GH1 with Zeiss CY 85mm f/1.4

... and sometimes, when I really want to buy a new camera body or a new lens, I go out with what I have, and take some photos, and ask myself: would these photos have been radically better if I had a GH3DsX with supernanocoating on the shutter release and a 597.34 gigapixel 3D sensor with anti-reflex coating made from hen's teeth? They wouldn't of course. Sometimes, it's better to spend the money on food and other luxury :)

kweide

50 bucks are not enough !
About 03:00 p. m. , I knocked on the door of my beautiful neighbor. I already had to knock some more, the door was made ​​of solid wood. She opened the door and there she stood in front of me, in all her feminine glory. Almost nothing covering her body, only a transparent cloth barely covered her nudity.
Casually she stood in the doorway, supporting herself with one arm from the door jamb and said: "Joe, I've already told you yesterday. 50 Bucks are not enough. I can not do that for only 50 Bucks. Give me 500 bucks or I will never ever say YES "
Sad and head down I turned around, as the door closed. 50 bucks in my pocket. But damned, it´s not so easy to get her old Cadillac Eldorado Brougham and 500 Bucks are way to much. Though she has a garage full of cars .... Well, that's the way it goes. Some have little sympathy for the youth :) I think i have to ask Dad .... good idea ! Perhaps he can satisfy her demand :)

Olympus E-5 + Zuiko 12-60SWD, noNR
ISO400 @f 4, 1/250 second, 45 mm focal length​

Pelao

Ron,

That first one - it's one of those photographs with a core story, layers of background story and just so much to absorb. Very well crafted, sir.

Pelao

There's been much talk about how the GF1 is now out-dated but as long as I keep getting results like this, I've no reason to upgrade.

All images using the GF1 + 14mm f/2.5.

Arie,

These are made in a style I really enjoy. So good. The third one is just wonderful - the eye is lead so nicely, and those clouds.

With a decent photographer behind it, maybe my GF1 could produce such beauty too.

RonSmith

Ron,

That first one - it's one of those photographs with a core story, layers of background story and just so much to absorb. Very well crafted, sir.
Thank you kindly. It figures, though. I went to see soldiers and guns and horses ... and that's the proverbial money shot.