The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

J

juliedanurse

I attempted something new: tweaked the contrast, saturation and NR within my G3 then captured this of the geese. The only post I did was within Photogene on my iPad2, where I applied the border. This is with the 45-200mm lens, f9, 1/2000 second ISO 3200. Didn't mean to shoot with ISO that high, I'd been playing with that indoors.

Geese in the Wetlands by juliedanurse, on Flickr

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I've been lazy posting photos lately, so here are four from Cambodia in December last year.

L1 with PanaLeica 14-50 2.8-3.5 @ 50mm and f/5.6

GH1 with OM Zuiko 100mm f/2.8

Kampong Chhnang is such an amazing place during the wet season :)

I heard music coming from one of the temple buildings in Phnom Penh and went inside.

GH1 with Panasonic 7-14 @ 14mm and f/4.0

And then there was this tourist who had hired a bicycle and thought it was ok to say yes to one kid :LOL:

GH1 with OM Zuiko 100mm f/2.8

Jerry_R

What a face ;)

June 2010
G1, 45mm f/2.8 @ 9, flash

That was FUN, I put a camera with the flash on a tripod, took a remote in my hand, framed using tilted LCD and fired :D
I don't remember now if I had HSS or not, but defintely selected aperture if I wouldn't have it.

G1, 7-14mm @ 7mm

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
In Thailand, at many temples, you can make merit by buying a small cage with birds and release them to freedom. In the old days people released birds and fish that had been trapped in the rice fields or the forest. These days, they are captured by commercial vendors who make a profit from hunting down the little creatures and selling them to temple visitors, often the same birds again and again.

Did anybody ask the birds what they think?

GH1 with Zeiss CY 85mm f/1.4 @ f/1.4

This is taken with my oldish 85mm that for a while I thought was a gonner, but a visit to the cleaner made a lot of difference. No more haze or flare, and crystal clear photos even wide open :)

Jerry_R

Graham, what a mood !!
I had a look at your Flickr gallery, show us more! It seems your GF1 with 20mm is your soul mate :)

June 2010, GF1, 20mm f/1.7 @ 1.7

June 2010, G1, 45mm f/2.8 @ 2.8

ggibson

Graham, what a mood !!
I had a look at your Flickr gallery, show us more! It seems your GF1 with 20mm is your soul mate :)
Hahah, thanks, Jerry. I have a few more fun shots from this hike to upload this week. I do still love my 20mm most out of all my lenses... the size and focal length are pretty much perfect for me. The area in the photograph was one of the bends of the trail where I could stand further away to show off the sense of scale with my wife in the foreground.