The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

One more from the graveyard..

This is one of the most unique tombs I have ever seen. I was up before dawn with a friend who was experimenting with painting with light and long exposures. I was having no luck with PWL so I waited until the light began to break and took this shot.

This is a RAW shot processed and combined three different times. Once for the sky, once for the ground and once for the tomb itself.. then layered, all in Photoshop CS5. I suppose you could call it HDR the hard way. Photo was taken with the GH2 and the 14-45mm. ISO 160 14mm 1/800 f/4.0. The high shutter speed was used to make sure I did not blow out the sky. I am very impressed with what can be pulled from the RAW files of the GH2.

I know this is not everyone's cup of tea but I enjoy experimenting with my cameras and in post work.

jonoslack

Well, nothing very special here - but I need to start -
The weather has been dreadfully grey and drab, but an evening walk to the pub is always a good thing . .. even if it's not so fine for photography:

GX1 with power zoom 14-42

However, it's always good when you get there:

GX1 with power zoom 14-42

Back in the kitchen - let's try some other lenses

GX1 with Nocti

GX1 with Nocti

I'm not sure that the dog's impressed

GX1 with Nocti

Time for a glass of wine

GX1 with Nocti

Okay - we've managed the pub . . . where shall we go next?

GX1 with 75 summicron

Paratom

Well, nothing very special here - but I need to start -
The weather has been dreadfully grey and drab, but an evening walk to the pub is always a good thing . .. even if it's not so fine for photography:
Looks good, nice colors and tones!
Jono, I am glad there is someone who is even worse than me not being able to resist to buy new toys over and over ;) Thank you!!!

Even though from a size/IQ point of view this camera with the small power zoom makes a whole lot of sense.

jonoslack

Looks good, nice colors and tones!
Jono, I am glad there is someone who is even worse than me not being able to resist to buy new toys over and over ;) Thank you!!!

Even though from a size/IQ point of view this camera with the small power zoom makes a whole lot of sense.
Pleased to be of service :)
I'm not really into comparisons generally, but seeing we both have the NEX7 but how about:
1. much much better low light focusing
2. missing focus peaking (but I won't really use it with M lenses - just playing)
3. high ISO is very good (I can't compare really)
4. little zoom seems okay - and it is little

Paratom

Pleased to be of service :)
I'm not really into comparisons generally, but seeing we both have the NEX7 but how about:
1. much much better low light focusing
2. missing focus peaking (but I won't really use it with M lenses - just playing)
3. high ISO is very good (I can't compare really)
4. little zoom seems okay - and it is little
#1 and #4 sound good.

Taking into consideration that I personally use the mirrorless mainly as a small alternative camera the gx1 with the small motorzoom makes maybe more sense than a Nex with the bigger lens. But anyways.

Last edited:
V

Vivek

I find it a bit incredulous that folks would come here or the NEX images thread to keep claiming that M9 is better than everything, again and again and again.

Admins/moderators: Advanced apologies if it is out of line but someone has to point out the obvious.

jonoslack

I find it a bit incredulous that folks would come here or the NEX images thread to keep claiming that M9 is better than everything, again and again and again.

Admins/moderators: Advanced apologies if it is out of line but someone has to point out the obvious.
Hi Vivek

I don't think Tom was really saying that was he? just that he found it more of a success.

One thing's for certain, I'm sure it wasn't meant to be contentious.

Incidentally, and FWIW, I'm finding the little GX1 to be rather good fun, and it certainly does focus quick (oh yes). It gives me much hope for the OMD.

all the best

Paratom

Sorry Vivek,
I never meant to say its the better camera just because it works better for me. I edited my post and hope it doesnt hurt your feelings anymore now.
Tom

V

Vivek

This is an old snap but is appropriate here, I think. :)

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Hacked Panasonic GH-2, A Quartz lens, Baader U 2" UV band pass filter. Reflected UV capture.

Tesselator

The M9 is better than everything! :talk028:

But all seriousness aside I don't see where that was ever said in any thread on this site. Oops, until now that is :facesmack:

<shrug>

Craftysnapper

Just started reprocessing my old files with Capture One Pro (new user), I'm just amazed how much detail it gets out of my old E-1 raw files.:)

A couple of New Forest images.

Are You Sure He Is Mine Dear?

Magical Woodland

Last edited: