The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Probably my best shot to date with the GH2

I took this shot yesterday at sundown along a highway in Texas. I was using the GH2 and the 7-14mm, ISO 200 1/60s f/4.5. A friend and I had photographed this old diner earlier in the day but decided to come back at sundown to see how the sun would paint it and the sky. Waiting for the light.. something every photographer should learn to do. This is probably the best shot I have to date from the GH2.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Excellent, Jim :thumbs:

Here's a somewhat more intense light which I didn't have to wait for, from a family trip to an island in the south of Thailand a couple of days ago.

L1 with PanaLeica 14-50mm f/2.8-3.5 @ 14mm and f/8

Tesselator

Jorgen, now all ya need are a herd of 1 foot tall dinosaurs running along and bothering the people. :)

Zeiss Distagon T* 21/2.8 ZE

as a macro lens? :D

Aperture set to f/9.5

At f/2.8 initially as a CA test

Looking at micro contrast and the lens's stopped down bokeh when close focusing (again at f/9.5)

Dallas Skyline GH2 & 7-14mm

Here is a shot I took this afternoon of the Dallas skyline with the flooded Trinity River providing a reflection of the city. The Trinity is normally little more than a trickle of water but when we get heavy rain like we have had in the last 48 hours, it floods and provides a beautiful photo op for photographers.

I was sitting at the base of the levee about two feet from the water for this shot. The bridge on the right is the latest addition to the Dallas skyline. It is not yet open to traffic but soon will be.

ISO 400 1/80s f/4.0 - GH2 with 7-14mm

And another from a different view and time..

Different weather, different light, different time of day/night..

This was a long exposure using the GH2 on a tripod.
Panasonic GH2 and 7-14mm Long exposure: IS0 160 8 seconds at f/5.6
White balance was set to incandescent due to the city lights and orange/red glow.. worked out well.

Tesselator

Nice one Klaus!

Very nice!

I picked up the 85/1.2L in nFD again recently. I really like this lens! I guess everyone knows it already, but it's still fun to shoot and post with it. Here's some sushi with it at it's widest. Mmmmm, lens sushi!:

The best sushi chef on the planet! I never order anything. I just take a seat with a companion or two (or three) and he serves us up the best he's got of the day. He knows just when serve, when to hold, and when we're done. No talk of food or orders! Maybe a little around what it is he's serving and where it comes from but that's it. He's a great guy and has been serving me sushi for 25 years! Awesome!

Texas Wildflowers with the GH2 & 25mm

Here's a couple of shots of Texas Wildflowers I took yesterday just as the sun was going down with the GH2 and the 25mm. A friend and I were travelling the back roads of Texas near Hillsboro. We waited for the light as the sun began to set. These were taken with the sun backlighting the flowers.

Jerry_R

I was away for a moment, coming back.

are these fine shots taken in Sicily?
Sergio
Sergio,
they are all at Baltic sea, Poland.

August 2010, G1, 45mm 2.8 @ 2.8mm

I do not know how about you, but for this subject - I prefer close ups with ultra wide from previous post :)

And some more environmental shots:

G1, 7-14mm @ 7mm

Change of subject: 45mm f/2.8 @ 7.1