The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Tesselator

Awesome ship shots Jerry! I really dig those!

Here's the C-Mount Fujinon-TV 12-75mm f/1.2 (I think constant aperture) on the GH1

F/1.2 - I think at about 35mm - 100% Crop (Processed)

12mm, f/1.2, ISO 640

12mm, f/2.8, ISO 640

12mm, f/8, ISO 640

kweide

Dancing bride
See her face, see her happyness

Olympus E-5, Zuiko 12-60SWD, noNR
ISO 250 @ f4, 1/25 second, 14 mm focal length​

Tesselator

From last night with E-M5 and a borrowed Voigtlander 25mm F0.95. Didn't buy the lens just borrowed it and tested it at scenes in front of the camera store. Nice lens though.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5120/6954611898_d5d5b89719_b.jpg

It was fairy dark with rather poor street lamps.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5445/6954611680_03d23f3802_b.jpg
Oooo! Do give us a critique please!!! Please spend as much time as you can afford with lots of details and samples!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :salute:

bensonga

It's been quite awhile since I pulled the Panny G1 out of the closet.....

A shot from my trip to Seward last weekend. I photographed this boat about 15 years ago when it was still a working boat, in the water, with my Pentax 67.

Found it in the back lot of a marine dry dock shipyard last weekend......a boat graveyard?

Panny G1 with the 14-45mm lens

kweide

Yet another dancer
so energetic, so fast she moved ...

Jerry_R

Thanks for comments about ship shots!
I like the B&W shots and processing :)

Klaus, I like bride and dancer pictures too, did you change the zoom during exposure?
Plus longer shutter and flash at the end?

August 2010

G2, 20mm f/1.7 @ 2.2

Tesselator

Klaus, I like bride and dancer pictures too, did you change the zoom during exposure?
Plus longer shutter and flash at the end?
I like'm too! Good stuff!

I dunno for sure but since he's not saying; I think it looks like a software effect. And then mixed with two other completely different images to give it depth, detail, and increase the visual interest/complexity level.

kweide

I like'm too! Good stuff!

I dunno for sure but since he's not saying; I think it looks like a software effect. And then mixed with two other completely different images to give it depth, detail, and increase the visual interest/complexity level.
To give an answer: It is not the loow shutter speed to achieve a bit of motion blur. It is done in PP. To give you an idea how it is done:

Thru my own action i colorized the picture into slight sepia with partial desaturation
Made two identical layers, blended together in screen mode, adjusted the opacity. Added some secret juice to it :) Some layer, curves, level etc.
And added the motion blur thru an additional layer in software ! The motion effect on her wedding dress is made with several smoke brushes on an extra layer, again some curves, levels and adjusted opacity...

In ancient analog film times i realized such effect thru the zoom mechanism but nowadays that is not effective enough with the rotary type of zooms, no good idea at all now ...

And sorry for late answer, had a several days long appointment ...

kweide

Yet another two dancers
Running wild

kweide

Curvaceous
And suddenly i was confronted with the ultramost female danger !
Only some centimeters to such gorgeous woman