The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

biglouis

Another 'fun' day out to the Royal Air Force bunker at Uxbridge, which played an important part in the 'Battle of Britain'. I find the GH-2 and my a 7-14, 20 and 45/2.8 lenses very useful for this type of snapshotting.

All were shot at iso3200 and all I did was crop, adjust the WB and then export from LR.

A steep climb down into the bunker, built in 1938 and buried 200 feet underground. The location was never discovered by the Germans. (7-14)

An iconic image from the Battle of Britain, the plotting room showing the direction of the attack and the disposition of aircraft sent up to defend (7-14)

Plotter board with the squadron status boards behind it giving the Controller a view of the battle in as 'near-time' as possible. (7-14)

The 'Station Clock' (45/2.8)

A view from the Controllers desk of the activity being plotted below. (20/1.7)

kweide

A must see
Mantova, North Italy, the Cathedral. Containg an ampulla blood from Jesus.
Taken from his wound when dying at Golgatha

Olympus E-3, Zuiko 11-22mm, noNR
ISO1600 @ f3.4, 1/13 second, 11 mm focal length, fairy dust​

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The GH1 is still a great camera, sometimes even at ISO 3200 and under horrible halogen floodlights :)

GH1 with OM Zuiko 50mm f/2.0 Macro @ ISO 3200 and f/2.0

Tesselator

Here's some shots of something I made... :D

It's just a leather flip-case with a little custom carving on front and back. It's not completed just yet but it's close enough that you can get some idea of how it'll look when it is.

Here it is just after applying the template, carving, and stamping it:

This is intended to fit onto a back shell for my Samsung Galaxy S3. You can kinda see the shell over to the right. It's the red plastic thingy there peeking into the shot.

Here is it colored, lacquered, cut out, and glued to the shell:

Back

Fromt

All I have to do now is affix a rigid stay to the flap and sew on a lining and then it'll be all done. :) This is the first time I've worked with leather like this since I made a belt in jr. high school so it's not all that great but it was pretty fun to design and make. Next up is a flip case for my Samsung Galaxy Note (I think).

Last edited: