The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

bbodine9

How could I resist our youngest Granddaughter! Taken with the venerable E-1, FL50, Demb flip it and a touch of PP with PWP.

dhsimmonds

Hi Riley

That really is a sky for soaring more than just gliding! I love the cloud 'streets',
ideal for a good pilot to travel hundreds of miles (Km to you mate ;)) hopping between the streets and running down them.

Are you by chance a glider pilot as well as a very good photographer?

Riley

I have done some gliding in ASK's ASH's and Blaniks, and once in a Pilatus Porter which glided like a double decker bus, but that was like decades ago.
Really big skies like this, and this went very very high, are not common but a result of the tail end of the cyclone season 1,000s of kms north of here.

dhsimmonds

I thought so! Very much my own experiences too, except that my gliding was further back than yours I imagine. Air Training Corps trained glider pilot to BGA C standard (T32 Tutors and Slingsby T21 Sedbergh). On then as a civilian to my obtain my Silver C in Olympia's, Skylarks and even a Sky once! Never did make my Gold or Diamond though. I got fed up with hauling gliders around on the ground and went for my power conversion training instead!!

All British manufactured and adapted German designs but made in the fifties and sixties by Eon and Slingsby! Oh, and no, the Oly wasn't a camera!

That sky image is one to die for both as a glider pilot and a photographer!

Dr. Brad

I've been posting most of my images in the 100-300 lens thread, but here's one I took on a G2 with the 45-200 Panasonic lens. I know the lens isn't the greatest, but in bright light, it's not too bad....

G2, 1/2000, ƒ/10, ISO 800, at 200 mm

Bald Eagle by BJ East, on Flickr