The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Annna T

I like this first one very much. The foggy atmosphere, the composition, the red touch of the savers' clothing, the sign post counter balancing the blue tent, everything works well in this picture.

Well after spending a long time not doing much photography, I did a little exploring some places near my new home at Tura Beach...

This is Moruya Beach on the way down from Sydney and it was bleak to say the least. A couple of surf lifesavers looking after the closed beach...

Moruya Beach_s by peterb666, on Flickr

mediumcool

Dogs on the bed

On the old bed. Multi-layer workup of a very high-contrast scene (Capture One and Pixelmator). G3/20mm.

Annna T

The more I'm looking at that picture the more I'm puzzled. Are we looking at those buildings downwards ? or upwards ? what we can see from the windows makes me think you were standing lower, looking up, but the verticals converging toward the bottom contradicst this feeling.

I like puzzles, it make you star at a picture longer
but I'd like to know the answer now; is the building on the left getting larger at the top ?

Adelaide, South Australia.

G3/20mm

mediumcool

Annna, if you look at the pic in an image editor that displays guides, you will see that the building on the left is, overall, leaning into the pic. Perhaps the *pincushiony* look on the left side makes it look to you as though the verticals converge at the bottom …

HTH

kweide

Angry angel
The angry angel, sitting, holding its flame sword, ready to execute Gods will

Olympus E-5 + Zuiko 12-60SWD,noNR
ISO100, some shutter speed and aperture, single flash used​

Annna T

Angry angel
The angry angel, sitting, holding its flame sword, ready to execute Gods will

Olympus E-5 + Zuiko 12-60SWD,noNR
ISO100, some shutter speed and aperture, single flash used​
I love her incisive/angry look, but she is holding that sword as if it was a baby (-;