The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

cjlacz

I went to Kamakura last weekend with a friend of mine visiting from the US. At one of the temples there were several hawks around that would occasionally come over to grab some food from the tables were people were eating. I've gained some respect for people photographing birds. Catching them in flight isn't easy. I needed to up the ISO a little more, most of them were a little blurry.

Taken with the E-510, kit lens 70mm.

Lili

I went to Kamakura last weekend with a friend of mine visiting from the US. At one of the temples there were several hawks around that would occasionally come over to grab some food from the tables were people were eating. I've gained some respect for people photographing birds. Catching them in flight isn't easy. I needed to up the ISO a little more, most of them were a little blurry.

Thats an awesome shot! Bravo!!!!!!

jklotz

jklotz,

Your picture made me home sick for Florida and the keys.
Thanks Barjohn, just got back yesterday to the cold and rain. Man I miss it already. I can see how people go down for vacation and never come back...

Here is another one, kit lens, @55mm, iso 100, f11 @ 1/200

Robert Campbell

Impressive pic, specially at 'only' 70 mm. BIF is very difficult INMNSHO, and this is excellent.

cjlacz

Thanks! I noticed the focal length on review. I didn't realize the bird was that close looking through the view finder. That's probably one reason this picture had a fast enough shutter speed.

Terry

Thanks Barjohn, just got back yesterday to the cold and rain. Man I miss it already. I can see how people go down for vacation and never come back...

Here is another one, kit lens, @55mm, iso 100, f11 @ 1/200
I like this shot. For some reason my first impression of their "expression" was that all off look like they are holding back a laugh and have a big secret.

Brian Mosley

Panasonic G1 + 4/3rds adapter + ZD 14-35mm f2

This is from 9 bracketed shots, converted to DNG, superesolution via PhotoAcute, converted to TIFF using Qimage Studio, levels and scaling in LightZone.

I've just printed it to 16"x12" and the sharp detail is stunning.

Kind Regards

Brian

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I'm here in the desert for a few more weeks.
I just bought a CV 28 f/1.9 from the Getdpi B/S :thumbup:. G1 and 28 f/1.9- Teddy Bear Cholla at sundown.

Last edited:

Brian Mosley

Exciting scenery Cindy, it would be good to see a shot of your G1 with the CV 28 attached...

Here's another shot from my outing yesterday - I noticed that the first shot above was oversharpened.

This is from a single exposure, tripod mounted. Converted from RAW using Qimage Studio (just bought the ICC profile for the G1 for Qimage Studio)... and then B&W conversion and scaling done using Lightzone.

Panasonic G1 + 4/3rds adapter + ZD 14-35mm f2 SWD
1/160s f/8 at 14.0mm iso100

Kind Regards

Brian

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Brian, Beautiful. I am a sucker for a dry stone fence in a scene. I've never seen one covered in snow. I will post a shot later with the CV 28 on the G1 for you.
Karl, Welcome to the forum. Your first post is stunning. I really love the second with the old spire against the modern glass building. It is very well done.

barjohn

Cindy,
That Leica type strap connector you have on the lug has failed on several M8s as I recall. You might want to consider something a little more secure.

peterb

Brian,

Absolutely jawdropping photos. Very good eye!

Moreover, I'd read all kinds of wonderful reviews about the ZD 14-35 f2.0 (and all their other super optics) and wondered what a lens like that (via the 4/3s adapter) would be like on the G1 and ...like...wow! I'm just totally blown away.

Do you have to focus manually?

Peter

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Cindy,
That Leica type strap connector you have on the lug has failed on several M8s as I recall. You might want to consider something a little more secure.
John, Please tell me more about where you learned of the Leica strap failures? I have heard of Leica Lug failures, but not of the strap failure. I sure don't want to put my camera in jeopardy.