The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Here's a shot I took of my youngest daughter while on the tram into town yesterday morning... from the seat opposite, composed from waist level using the G1's articulating LCD.

Brian,

What a wonderful picture. I love the skin tone quality...must be a very good ICC profile. Truly a great capture.

Bob

Terry

Beatiful shot Brian. I saw it yesterday (DPReview) in small size on my iPhone and wanted to wait to comment when I saw it full sized.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Brian, that hexar 50 sure sings for you -- gorgeous portrait!

Can you tell us more about qimage studio? I used to use qimage for printing, but was not aware they added a raw processor. Is it still a PC only program?

Cheers,

barjohn

Brian,
Great shot of your daughter and she makes a beautiful model. Boy will you have to worry in a few years. :)

peterb

Brian,

Every day I go on this thing to see what your G1 hath wrought. Great shot. (And don'tcha just love that articulating LCD??? That alone is worth the price of the G1 and all its capababilities.)

Peter

Lili

Great shot Brian, the sensor on the G1 shows its stuff here and the IQ of Konica's lovely lens does as well in portraying your lovely daughter

wolverine

Brian,
I have Qimage. Where can i get the profile for the G1? Thanks, Frank

Terry, love the moonrise shots! Bravo :clap:

Here's a shot I took of my youngest daughter while on the tram into town yesterday morning... from the seat opposite, composed from waist level using the G1's articulating LCD.

G1 + 4/3rds Adapter + Hexanon 57mm f1.2
1/125s f/2 at 57.0mm iso320

This is developed from RAW using Qimage Studio + the custom ICC profile for the G1 - created by Mike Chaney. Levels only slightly tweaked and scaled in Lightzone.

Kind Regards

Brian

barjohn

One thing I really like about this site is the images that get shared as part of the discussion. Some sites discourage the use of images in the threads which I think is a mistake.

monza

A photography site that discourage images in threads? Hmm.

I could understand it if it were bandwidth-related. Every photo that I post is on my own server...not that I have anything of quality compared to the talent on this forum!

EDIT: OK, just discovered at least one of my posts in another forum (I assume the one you are speaking of) with my own photo, hosted on my server, has been deleted. Other similar posts (same thread) still exist...

Trying to wrap my brain around this logic...

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
A photography site that discourage images in threads? Hmm.
SNIP
Trying to wrap my brain around this logic...
So were Guy and I, and it's one of the reasons we started this site in the first place!

Brian Mosley

Wow! thanks to everyone for your very generous praise - Frank, the Qimage Studio profiles are offered to Qimage Studio purchasers... but even the standard profile works well.

Here's a link to Qimage Studio - Windows only I'm afraid.

I've had countless free upgrades over the years from Mike Chaney - the developer. It's probably the best value software I've ever bought (lifetime of free upgrades policy).

Kind Regards

Brian

mazor

Brian Mosley, love the bokeh, excellent sharpness. Articulating waist level LCD is a must for street photography hehe.

clay stewart

I have a question about the AF assist light on the G1. Is it the flash that does it or is there a dedicated light? Also, how is the low light focusing, as compared to the E420/520. Thanks Clay

barjohn

I can't give you comparison info since I don't own the other cameras; however, the G1 has a dedicated light and focuses extremely well and reasonably quickly in low light. Better yet, you can manual focus very accurately in low light due to the light amplification of the EVF. Much better than I could ever do with the M8 in similar low light conditions.

Friedel

I have a lot of fun with my new combination G1 with Novoflex adapter and CV Nokton 1,4/40. This lens fits ideal with G1: small and fast! Together with the upcoming Pana 20mm it will be a wonderfull lightweight camera. Here some examples: (I hope you don't mind that I posted the pictures already in another forum)

f 1,4

f 1,4

f 2,0

f 8

Karl

Brian Mosley

Absolutely beautiful Karl, no problem with the double post - love the way this lens looks on the G1, and the IQ is wonderful.

Thanks for sharing

Brian