The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

biglouis

... If I were Sony I'd buy Nikon. Sony glass was in my experience way too variable in quality to be relied upon - and expensive. There is so far no m43rds lens I have bought which I have found to be so lacking as the G 70-200 I bought. Ugh! There has also been a lot of similar issues to do with decentering and the like with both the Sony Zeiss range, as well.

I liked the body and I hoped it promissed the same type of small lenses as both m43rds and Leica. But instead they produced behemoths which imho are ridiculous.

Here is a comparison between the A7R+Sony90/2.8 Macro and the GX8+45/2.8Elmarit. Guess which one I can hold with one hand get sharp results?

To be fair the Sony G 90 is a stellar lens (bucking the trend) but its size completely overpowers the A7 series body making it uncomfortable to work with. I think re-buying an Elamrit 45/2.8 a short while after I purchased the GX8 was the turning point in my brief love affair with Sony.

This is one I knocked off with the GX8 and the absolutely stellar 12-35/2.8 at Rye Meads on Friday.

Anyway, Sony should buy Nikon and make use of their superior lens development know-how.

Just my two cents.

LouisB

ptomsu

Workshop Member
... If I were Sony I'd buy Nikon. Sony glass was in my experience way too variable in quality to be relied upon - and expensive. There is so far no m43rds lens I have bought which I have found to be so lacking as the G 70-200 I bought. Ugh! There has also been a lot of similar issues to do with decentering and the like with both the Sony Zeiss range, as well.

I liked the body and I hoped it promissed the same type of small lenses as both m43rds and Leica. But instead they produced behemoths which imho are ridiculous.

Here is a comparison between the A7R+Sony90/2.8 Macro and the GX8+45/2.8Elmarit. Guess which one I can hold with one hand get sharp results?

To be fair the Sony G 90 is a stellar lens (bucking the trend) but its size completely overpowers the A7 series body making it uncomfortable to work with. I think re-buying an Elamrit 45/2.8 a short while after I purchased the GX8 was the turning point in my brief love affair with Sony.

This is one I knocked off with the GX8 and the absolutely stellar 12-35/2.8 at Rye Meads on Friday.

Anyway, Sony should buy Nikon and make use of their superior lens development know-how.

Just my two cents.

LouisB
I kind of fully agree, but while this would be a superior idea, I fear that Nikon are far to vain to let that happen.

biglouis

^^^ Ha-ha, yes indeed. I once spent most of a summer driving around the home counties photographing pylons. Not too sure what I will ever do with what I captured but they have a majesty I've always enjoyed looking at. Yours is a fine capture. ^^^

Elderly

I once spent most of a summer driving around the home counties photographing pylons. Not too sure what I will ever do with what I captured but they have a majesty I've always enjoyed looking at.
I like photographing 'electricity supply' too - we could start a thread :grin:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
... then somebody came up with the idea that we should take a group photo of all the girls in the office.

GX8 with Pana 12-35mm f/2.8 @ 14mm and f/5

mediumcool

... then somebody came up with the idea that we should take a group photo of all the girls in the office.

GX8 with Pana 12-35mm f/2.8 @ 14mm and f/5

Bunch o’ luvvies! Except for the one in the middle of the back row.:(

Added:
I am so sorry! I thought she was a grumpy chap!

Last edited:

neilvan

Great to see this thread going strong!

Just came across a deal I couldn't refuse on a 90-250 f2.8 so my E-M1 is back at the 'top' of my bag once again... :D

What an amazing lens, heavy heavy heavy but the IQ makes it worth lugging it around.