The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
New 300 m43 F4?

Gorgeous picture.

I have been debating the 40-150m43 150 43 and the 300m43.

The two primes seem stellar ... hate to think about the big tuna 300.

Bob

k-hawinkler

New 300 m43 F4?

Gorgeous picture.

I have been debating the 40-150m43 150 43 and the 300m43.

The two primes seem stellar ... hate to think about the big tuna 300.

Bob
All 3 primes (150/2.0, 300/2.8, 300/4.0 Pro) are stellar.
The 300/2.8 has a smoother bokeh than the 300/4.0 Pro.
I can easily handhold 150/2.0, 300/4.0 Pro but not the much heavier 300/2.8 or for that matter the equally heavy 90-250/2.8, another gem of a lens. :grin:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
It's amazing what one can do with cameras these days. In this photo her face was around 2 stops underexposed and the background more or less blown out. There was fringing around her head in all colours of the rainbow and really bad flair in her hair. But with the shadow slider all the way to the right and the highlight slider all to the left, a good portion of de-hazing, then de-fringing with both sliders covering the whole spectrum, it started to look like a photo. In the end, I darkened the hair, and voila, I had portrait. I didn't remove the noise that appeared due to all this processing, since it looks quite nice, a bit like film grain. All this would have been expected with the D810 that I had. What's great is that it works with the smaller sensor of the GX8 as well.

The Panasonic 12-35mm has become a favourite lens with me. It has all I need except reach, and for that, I have the 35-100 and the 75mm. Life is good :)

GX8 with Pana 12-35mm f/2.8 @ 35mm and f/2.8

The small dots, black and white, are insects. Annoying, small flies.

biglouis

Been haunting the apple tree in my back garden for several weeks hoping for the right moment to capture this Goldcrest which is one of a pair that have been in the area. Britain's smallest bird - quite common but incredibly hard to photograph because the little beggars move so fast!
GX8, Lumix Leica DB 100-400, 250mm f5.4 iso800 1/1250 - and some luck!

Knorp

Been haunting the apple tree in my back garden for several weeks hoping for the right moment to capture this Goldcrest which is one of a pair that have been in the area. Britain's smallest bird - quite common but incredibly hard to photograph because the little beggars move so fast!
GX8, Lumix Leica DB 100-400, 250mm f5.4 iso800 1/1250 - and some luck!

Great catch, Louis. Congrats and I guess you must be a happy man ... :salute:

All the best.

PS. what about that gimbal head ?

biglouis

Great catch, Louis. Congrats and I guess you must be a happy man ... :salute:

All the best.

PS. what about that gimbal head ?
Yes, very pleased with it. I've hardly used my gimbal since I bought it and I am not sure it would even have helped with this shot.

Thanks for the comment.

LouisB

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
First shot with the G85. The usual suspect. High ISO looks better than the the GX8 (this at ISO 3200), details are great. Nice camera. My new travel setup will probably be GX8, G85, 12-35 f/2.8, 35-100 f/2.8 and Samyang 135 f/2. GM5 will come to, for evening strolls with the 25mm f/1.7.

G85 with Pana 35-100mm f/2.8 @ 100mm and f/2.8

monk

Wallaby through a window screen (in a drizzly arvo). She has found a good bush grass, but not a great bush grass. (EM-1.2 + Lumix-Leica 100-400mm.)

Last edited:

monk

Autumn Bloom in Bonogin (EM1.2 + Zuiko 70-300 ED lens.) Shot at the long end - - 300mm. Soft, maybe, but not without character, IMHO.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
There are some security concerns where I am now, so I'm shooting through the front window of a moving SUV. At least it keeps me and the camera dry :)

GX8 with Pana 35-100mm f/2.8 @ 64mm and f/2.8