The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

k-hawinkler

Sorry about your mishap, Neil.
I'm sure replacing the adapter and repairing your camera is not going to be 'cheap', but replacing that zoom-tuna would have cost you a kidney ...

All the best.
Too bad the mishap damaged the gear, I agree Bart, Neil.
That lens is built like a tank, and delivers great IQ.
The adapter seems to have taken the brunt of the fall though.
Otherwise it could have been much worse.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The grandfather of the girl above, a fisherman in a small Muslim fishing community at the very south of The Philippines.

GX8 with Pana 35-100mm f/2.8 @ 100mm and f/4.5

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
That GX8 with Samyang 50mm f/1.2 seems to be a fun camera :thumbup:
It is indeed. Sharp wide open (the lens is designed for APS-C sensor and is available in Sony and Fuji mount as well) so that I can take street photos at night, and for video, it's a godsend. I've used it a lot for industrial video already :)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Being a single father for a 4 year old can be a bit much sometimes, so now I have a live-in maid/nanny and a scooter :)

GX8 with Samyang 50mm f/1.2 @ f/4

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Being a single father for a 4 year old can be a bit much sometimes, so now I have a live-in maid/nanny and a scooter :)

GX8 with Samyang 50mm f/1.2 @ f/4
Jorgen,

you are a brave man! Keep going!

I think what you are getting back from your 4 year old is definitely worth all the efforts ;) At least it is the case with my 6 year old daughter :thumbs: