The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

mediumcool

Looking good! Ozzie winery?
Perhaps ‘Blue grapes for red wine’ would have been a snappier heading!

This is an urban vineyard, an uncommon sight these days in highly-urbanised Australia, one of the most urbanised countries in the world—most people cluster near the ocean and major river systems.

South Australia was invaded/settled in 1836 as a free colony i.e. no convicts from Mother England. There were indigenous people already here, going back many millenia (up to 65,000 years in certain parts of the country), but Terra Nullius put a stop to such uppity claims. [couldn’t find the HTML tag for <IRONY>!]

My bus route goes past this refreshing patch of greenery (except its the middle of winter and the branches are bare) on my way to Marion Shopping Centre from South Plympton.

34°59'42.0"S 138°32'57.2"E

And it’s Aussie! :p

Last edited:

mediumcool

Lichens. EM1.1 and the 60mm macro. Handheld, ISO 100, 1/80th at f8.
Hi Gary

I find the top left side of the frame—going out of focus, and then coming back into focus—somewhat distracting, albeit rather less so at the bottom; here is a suggested crop to help ameliorate this. :)

bensonga

Hi Gary

I find the top left side of the frame—going out of focus, and then coming back into focus—somewhat distracting, albeit rather less so at the bottom; here is a suggested crop to help ameliorate this. :)
Thanks for the suggestion! I will give that a try when I get home this evening and re-print. I had initally cropped both this lichen and the pink rose image square and made prints on some 12x12 paper last evening.

Gary

bensonga

I have been happy with the image quality of my first generation Panasonic 100-300mm lens, but I decided to trade it in for a second generation 100-300 because the zoom mechanism of the second gen was noticeably smoother and less "sticky". Thankfully, the image quality of the new lens appears to be as good or better than my copy of the first gen lens.

Gary

GH3 and 100-300 II

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I took this photo almost 6 years ago and posted a b&w version here then. Saw it by coincidence earlier today and started wondering how it would look if processed with the latest version of ACR. The conclusion is simple: Photoshop/ACR and my improved skills utilising the software have developed much more than camera technology has during the same 6 years.

L1 with PL 14-50mm f/2.8-3.5 @ 50mm and f/3.5

mediumcool

A little experiment in cropping

My Olympus E-M5 has only 16MP, but cropping is quite feasible, if you stick to 180ppi, and print to 16" high.

biglouis

Haven't used my GX8 for a some time but I decided to use it for some work I was doing in Spitalfields at the weekend, with the 12-35/2.8. Like putting on a comfortable pair of shoes - and reliable, too.

Window in an old street in Spitalfields, London.

bensonga

Haven't used my GX8 for a some time but I decided to use it for some work I was doing in Spitalfields at the weekend, with the 12-35/2.8. Like putting on a comfortable pair of shoes - and reliable, too.
The GX8 and 12-35/2.8 is one of my favorite combinations, especially for travel. If I could only take one camera and lens on a trip, that would be it.

Gary

biglouis

The GX8 and 12-35/2.8 is one of my favorite combinations, especially for travel. If I could only take one camera and lens on a trip, that would be it.

Gary
I have to go to South Korea later in the year and I am thinking of taking the GX80+12-35/2.8 and my Sigma DP2M. So, I pretty much agree with you.

LouisB

Maggie O

I left the telephoto stuff to my hubby and took photos of the folks who were in the little turn-off where we watched it.

The coolest thing? My best friend from kindergarten, Pat Pink, was there. We haven't seen each other in over forty years!!!

Pen-F and the 17/1.8

The Forrest Girls Exalt, Intersection Of US136 And 610 Ave, W Of Vesta, NE by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Leilani And Her Eclipse Mask. Intersection Of US136 And 610 Ave, W Of Vesta, NE by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Pat Pink And Daughters, One Minute From Totality, Intersection Of US136 And 610 Ave, W Of Vesta, NE by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Approaching Totality, Intersection Of US136 And 610 Ave, W Of Vesta, NE by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Michael Is Ready For Totality, Intersection Of US136 And 610 Ave, W Of Vesta, NE by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Jack Is Ready, Too, Intersection Of US136 And 610 Ave, W Of Vesta, NE by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Shawn, Melissa And Jack, Intersection Of US136 And 610 Ave, W Of Vesta, NE by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Michael And The Eclipse Binoculars, Intersection Of US136 And 610 Ave, W Of Vesta, NE by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

John Beilke's Homebrew For Totality, Intersection Of US136 And 610 Ave, W Of Vesta, NE by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Pat Pink And Daughters, Watching Partial Eclipse, Intersection Of US136 And 610 Ave, W Of Vesta, NE by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Minnesotans, Pella Reformed Dutch Church, Pella, NE by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

And So It Begins, Pella Reformed Dutch Church, Pella, NE by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Left Out, Intersection Of US136 And 610 Ave, W Of Vesta, NE by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr