The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
GX8 with Pana 35-100mm f/2.8 @ 100mm and f/2.8, heavily cropped

Great lens, the Panasonic 35-100mm, and so lightweight and compact that it actually goes with me more or less everywhere.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Time for a selfie again, taken at the same hotel as with my avatar, waiting for the same dinner date, but one year later and with a better camera and a better lens :)

GX8 with Samyang 50mm f/1.2, probably @ f/1.2

Thorkil

It's funny how, after sitting at the same chair by the same restaurant table countless times, one suddenly sees another perspective. Dinner or traffic? I think I'll have dinner :)

Sorry for the blur. I'd forgotten to switch on IS :angry:

GX8 with Pana 35-100mm f/2.8 @ 89mm and f/2.8

..but here it still looks better with the IS off..it adds something :)
thorkil

bensonga

Time for a selfie again, taken at the same hotel as with my avatar, waiting for the same dinner date, but one year later and with a better camera and a better lens :)

GX8 with Samyang 50mm f/1.2, probably @ f/1.2

Excellent selfie Jorgen! I stopped taking selfies 15 years and 20 lbs ago.

Gary

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Excellent selfie Jorgen! I stopped taking selfies 15 years and 20 lbs ago.

Gary
Thanks, Gary. I like doing this on occasions, although it's usually a year or more between each selfie. But there's another, practical reason as well: Sometimes, I need a reasonably current photo of myself for whatever reason. Most of the time, I don't have access to the images that others take of me, and in these digital times, things tend to disappear when people buy a new mobile phone or computer anyway. I wouldn't like my passport photo to be used for my funeral (although that's probably what I'll look like when I'm dead), so this is my insurance :ROTFL:

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Yes , definately , an excellent selfie .
But , Jorgen please tell me , how this "selfie" is made . It can't be a shot into a mirror , unless you do a "turnaround" by 180º , and as both of your hands a visible , no selfie stick either . What am I missing here ? ? ?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Yes , definately , an excellent selfie .
But , Jorgen please tell me , how this "selfie" is made . It can't be a shot into a mirror , unless you do a "turnaround" by 180º , and as both of your hands a visible , no selfie stick either . What am I missing here ? ? ?
It's a program called Photoshop. I believe you must have heard about it ;)

Image>Image Rotation>Flip Canvas Horizontal

So yes, it's shot in a mirror.

scho

Just getting back into m43 again. Using a Panasonic GX8 and the old 20/1.7 Lumix pancake for starters. I thought that by now there would be a GX9 with an improved shutter, but I'm enjoying the GX8. How do the experienced m43 users feel about the 2012 version of the 12-35 vs the newer 12-35 which supposedly has some focusing improvements, but much more expensive. Also considering a second 40-45 mm prime, either the Leica 45/2.8 macro or Leica 42.5 1.2. My old 20 is still nice for easy walkabout shooting.

scho

Today was the annual Ithaca Porchfest musical event. So we strolled around the participating neighborhoods listening to everything from country/western, to sedate chamber music, to blast off hard rock. A few sample images taken with the GX8 and 20/1.7.

scho

Just trying some of my old MF lenses on the GX8.

Some delicate pink purple oxalis blossoms with the Canon FD 300/4L

Red Hibiscus with the Leica R 50/2 Summicron