The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

scho

We have a bumper crop of black walnuts this year. The squirrels will be busy next month when the nuts start dropping. GX8 + G Vario 100-300 II.

scho

A few more hand held snaps around the garden using the new Lumix G 100-300 II on the GX8. Lens is well made, compact and fits comfortably in my little Ape Case bag along with the camera, 12-35, and the 20.

scho

A couple of handheld, composite 5 shot auto bracketed images using the 12-35/2.8 on the GX8. Images were blended using the PhotoMerge function in Lightroom. Taken at the bottom of Enfield gorge near Ithaca, NY.

scho

My wife picked one of these little blossoms in our garden, but couldn't identify it. I cradled the blossom in a Hibiscus leaf so that I could photograph it. GX8 + Nikon Micro-Nikkor 55/3.5. A friend just gave me the lens with an old Nikon 35 film body so I took off the lens and gave it a try on the GX8

scho

Rose. A five shot focus stack processed in Franzis Focus Projects 3 Pro. GX8 + Nikon 55/3.5 Micro-Nikkor

Knorp

quel bonheur ...

Not 'perfect', for I was focusing on the background and 1/100s doesn't help either. So the boat looks a bit odd :eek:

scho

Still using the GX8 with the 35-100. Today at Buttermilk Falls.

The falls was almost dry..

..but the pool at the base of the falls had some nice reflections..

..and there were sunfish, bass, and trout swimming around the pool.

The tourists were actually more interesting then the scenery:grin:

scho

Hay bales rolled and ready to go. Panasonic GX8 with the Leica DG 8-18 Vario-Elmarit, my latest and last lens for the m43 kit.

Knorp

oi - what's that ...

zuiko 150/2.0

Had to crop this one (upper part): one moment that rooster stands proudly upright, the next moment he dives down - the silly cow.
Or is it me getting rusty ... :rolleyes:

scho

A few shots taken this afternoon around the ponds at Cornell's Newman Arboretum. Panasonic GX8 + Leica DG 8-18. The last shot had some backlight flare and low saturation issues and was processed in Aurora HDR 2018 (did not help much).

scho

Most of the autumn foliage color so far has been from virginia creeper and ivy. Panasonic GX8 Leica 8-18