The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

scho

Three shots taken with the GX8 +Leica 8-18 on an afternoon walk along Sixmile Creek in the gorge below my home.

biglouis

Hurricane Light - the effect of the airstraim behind Hurricane Ophelia as it hits London in the UK, causing the sun to turn deep red.

GH5, Lumix 100-400

Knorp

Hurricane Light - the effect of the airstraim behind Hurricane Ophelia as it hits London in the UK, causing the sun to turn deep red.
We experienced the same effect here in The Netherlands one day later.
Sahara dust and smoke from the bush fires in Portugal causing temperatures to stay behind two to four degrees centigrade. And a gloomy day ... :(

mediumcool

Some fine pictures of a sweet doggy, Ian.
How’s Jess today ?

Kind regards.
She was about 16 months old at the time, having arrived at the end of December. Quite the confident lady—and boss of the gang—nowadays at the age of 5+; she’s a mix of Kelpie and Blue Heeler, both Australian working dogs (the Bluey is evident in the mottled colouring around her neck—Kelpies are often black, tan and white). The larger and older Kelpie-Lab male is very much under her t̶h̶u̶m̶b̶ paw. ;)

mediumcool

Last of the spring flowers (at the bus stop)

Olympus E-M5 w/12–32mm Lumix zoom at 32mm 1/500 f/5.6 (max aperture) ISO 320

f6cvalkyrie

In Belgium, we also felt the influence of the sand and dust from the Sahara a few days ago ...
It made up for a beautiful sunrise :cool:

C U,
Rafael

mediumcool

Very nice! Thanks.
Thank you! This is a bit of a cheat compared to my usual processing in C1. Fired off six shots under the tree next to the bus stop, with a lot of wind, and with the bus rapidly closing in—this was the last, and most coherent. The Lumix 12–32 does not have a stellar reputation, though I have found it to be quite competent over its [limited] range. I output the TIFF to Pixelmator (as usual), where I duplicated the image to a new layer, and blurred it according to the theories of Johann Carl Friedrich Gauss, using an amount of 4 pixels. Setting that layer to 50% transmission over the original, I created a layer mask to make the internal areas of the flowers and in-focus leaf edges sharp. The fairly subtle glow makes the picture much more attractive, IMO.

Maybe I should post one without the glow as a reference.:grin:

scho

A few snaps taken with the GX8 and Leica 8-18 on a short walk through the Ithaca Children's Garden

scho

Another balmy, 75 degree F, late October day in central NYS. We took a short drive south into the hills south of Ithaca near Erin, NY and stopped at our favorite apple orchard. It was closed already for the season, but we took advantage of the nice weather and walked around the orchard. Last two images of the owners's house and a sculpture of their beloved dachshund. All images from the Panasonic GX8 and the Leica 8-18.