The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Many hotels advertise, and often even categorise their rooms by, the view, like garden view, ocean view, city view or mountain view. The Airport Hotel at Jakarta International Airport, Terminal 2 has only one view: Runway View. I can recommend staying there without a spouse, but with a long telephoto lens and late departure the next day ;)

GX8 with Samyang 135mm f/2 @ f/4

There's a convenience store near the hotel entrance selling snacks and water :watch:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Bali. 2 days of transportation, 1 day at the beach next to the hotel taking photos and 1 day of work. That's 4 days before my daughter called and said she missed me. I can always go back to Bali, but daughters are only 5 year old once.

Here are the daughters of somebody else, the local fishermen presumably.

GX8 with Pana 35-100mm f/2.8 @ 100mm and f/4

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Sometimes I worry too much. Until a couple of days ago, I worried how to get across the Bali Strait with a ferry; how frequent are the departures, will I get across in time for my meeting on the other side, how do I get to the ferry terminal etc. I felt rather stupid then when arriving there discovering that there were several ferry terminals and at least 20 ferries crossing the 3 kilometre wide strait at any time and at least twice that many docked or moored. That is to be expected I suppose, with a nation of 260 million people, all of them living on islands :)

GX8 with Pana 35-100mm 2.8 @ 89mm and f/5.6

Knorp

Bali. 2 days of transportation, 1 day at the beach next to the hotel taking photos and 1 day of work. That's 4 days before my daughter called and said she missed me. I can always go back to Bali, but daughters are only 5 year old once.

They are 365 days 5 years old, aren't they ?
Anyway, you don't want your little girl to be unhappy.
Bali can wait.

Kind regards.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
They are 365 days 5 years old, aren't they ?
Anyway, you don't want your little girl to be unhappy.
Bali can wait.

Kind regards.
For a 5 year old, there's mostly today, a little bit yesterday and maybe tomorrow :)

More from the beach:

ptomsu

Workshop Member

I can fully understand you and your feelings. See the same with my 6 year old daughter today. I once traveled the world for almost 20 years with being away from home for more than 200 days a year and could never go back to this since my youngest daughter was born. Would simply miss too much time that is so valuable to spend with her almost every day. Unfortunately my 3 grown up kids (now 30 and 28 years) never saw me too much when they were in that age because of my job - but they still seem to have survived and I am very proud of what they became and evolved into. But with what I know today I would definitely decide without any hesitation for spending much more time with my kids now!

mediumcool

The Winch House (re-worked picture from Dec 2015)

Olympus E-M5 w/Zuiko 11–22 at 11mm 1/320 f/8 ISO 200
Processed in Capture One 11 Beta (so far, so good)