The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

mediumcool

Chinese pesto?

Olympus E-M5 w/Lumix 12–32 at 32mm 1/10s f/5.6 ISO 1250

Years ago, I ordered a soy chicken dish in Adelaide’s Chinatown; the best thing about it was a spring onion-based sauce on the side. Over time I reverse-engineered that paste to a point where I reckon it’s better than the original. My most recent attempt began with two spring onion stalks, some finely-sliced ginger, and a little garlic (a small clove—too much makes the sauce ‘garlic-hot’).

I then added a few coloured peppercorns and one black one. A little light oil—I used rice bran oil—and only a few drops of sesame oil. Also added some coriander stems and leaves.

Pound, pound, pound!

I added a little fish sauce, worcestershire sauce, and lime juice. It’s great with steamed chicken, but would also work really well with raw/cooked fruit and vegetables!

Not a chilli in sight! [most unlike me!]

scho

Male and female purple finch. GX8 + 100-300 both are 3 shot composites from PhotoAcute 3. Original image size approx 78 MP.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
A relatively new, but poorly maintained temple in a village along the Tanintharyi River. Very interesting area this, and I'll return as soon as time permits.

GX8 with Pana 35-100mm @ 35mm and f/5.6

I'm selling this lens. While the 12-35mm is one of my favourite lenses, this one lacks "bite". Also, I have the Zuiko 75mm f/1.8 and Samyang 50mm f/1.2, so my suffering will be limited :)

Last edited:

mediumcool

Royal Adelaide Hospital with the SAHMRI building in the background

Olympus E-M5 Lumix 12–32 zoom at 12mm 1/1250 f/5.6 ISO 200

biglouis

Photos of a Eurasian Jay, such a nervous bird I had to take these through my window so as to not disturb its activity.

GH5+35-100/2.8

k-hawinkler

I'll stick with my Olympus gear. Here is a shot from my backyard. :)

Olympus E-M1MarkII + M.300mm F4.0 + MC-14 @ ISO 200, FOCAL LENGTH 420.0 mm, APERTURE f/7.1, EXPOSURE TIME 0.00063s (1/1600).

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I'll also stick with my Olympus gear, far too heavy invested right now in order to do a switch. AND .... in not so long time Olympus will have their EM1.3 and I am sure it will top a G9 in all sections again. So what is the benefit of switching?

Knorp

I'll also stick with my Olympus gear, far too heavy invested right now in order to do a switch. AND .... in not so long time Olympus will have their EM1.3 and I am sure it will top a G9 in all sections again. So what is the benefit of switching?
F.i. keeping this thread (and GetDPI website) alive ... :salute: