The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

biglouis

It snowed here in London, yesterday. What any self-respecting north American of a certain clime would call a nice day. Of course, in London, everything came to a halt. We really are a third world country at times.

Anyway, the birds seemed to be going bonkers in the snow. Lots of them were feeding from all the food I put out for them. What astonished me was the sight of this Great Spotted Woodpecker. I see a woodpecker about once a year, normally in the spring. It went for our sunflower feeder so I hope it will be back.

GH5+100-400

pegelli

Mmm, we are advised to stay home (weather alarm - code red) ... :facesmack:
Only code orange in Belgium today, so contrary to the advice I still went out to drop something off at our daughter and then took some snowscape shots on a deserted container terminal close to where she lives. Traffic was slow but not too bad along the secondary roads I took. When I got home I heard on the radio there was > 1300 km traffic jam on the highways, didn't even know Belgium had that many highways :loco:

Internaut

Fun in the rain, in Hong Kong.

Hong Kong In The Rain 001
by Jason Hindle, on Flickr

Hong Kong In The Rain 002

Hong Kong In The Rain 005

Hong Kong In The Rain 006

Hong Kong In The Rain 008

All taken with an OMD-EM5 + 12-40 f2.8. What else would I trust with a typhoon a couple of hundred miles off shore? Processed from raw in Lightroom CC for iOS (in the cloud) and finished in super Snapseed on my iPad.

mediumcool

I don't know Ian, it was that or a particular female body part.
Snapper can be anything as far as I understand: it's your call ... :poke:

:p
Many years ago I was in a Barossa Valley art gallery run by a retired newspaper editor who referred to photographers as snappers, which I found condescending—photographs were often called snaps as well. Anyway, André Kertész made a number of photographs of snowy streets and parks from above—your picture reminded me of his! ;)

Oh, and there’s the tasty Australian Snapper! [Pagrus auratus]

biglouis

Took this on Xmas eve. It was a dim, wet day but the birds were very active in my apple tree.

This is a little Goldcrest. I couldn't get quite the angle on him I wanted but I like this 'hunched down' look. GH5+100-400

This little blue tit is a classic pose on a coconut treat

Elliot

Louis,

Excellent captures!

I have a couple of recent shots of small birds, too.

The first is a blue tit I see in the morning here in South Carolina.
Blue tit 12-26-2017.jpg
Olympus E-M1.1 and Olympus 45mm f1.8

The second is a frenetic little Tufted Titmouse who was visiting the feeder yesterday (Boxing Day). I recently bought the Panasonic 100-400 lens and am practicing through a glass window from inside the house.
P1020362POLARR.jpg
Panasonic G85 and Panasonic 100-400 f4-5.6