The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

bensonga

Happy Holidays and New Year to all!

We haven't had much snow here in southcentral Alaska this winter, but we have had a lot of hoarfrost recently. This isn't the type of photo I bought the G85 for, but it is one of my first test images and I like it. I made a 13x19 inch print of this image today and it looks very good. As I have said before, I'm amazed at how quiet the mechanical shutter on this camera is.

Gary

G85 and 42.5/1.7 lens

rweissman

NYE Fireworks over San Francisco

NYE FIreworks-1010133.jpeg
OLY OMD EM1M2, Oly 12-100 f4, ISO 640, F4, 1/3 sec, 34mm at 12:10 AM, no tripod, braced camera against window sill.
Steadying aids: glasses of Paul Hobbs Pinot Noir + glass of well aged port.

Normally use GFX or Sony A9, but brought Oly with me because of its remarkable stabilization.

msadat

some shots with omd-ii and the new sigma 16mm 1.4, shot raw. processed in LR CC to taste. mammoth lakes ca jab 2018!

olympus omd-ii mmh  2018-01-01 10-08-50 (2)-Edit.jpgolympus omd-ii mmh  2018-01-01 09-57-18-Edit.jpgolympus omd-ii mmh  2018-01-01 10-48-02-Edit.jpgolympus omd-ii mmh  2018-01-01 10-13-50-Edit.jpg

rweissman

Re: NYE Fireworks over San Francisco

View attachment 131420
OLY OMD EM1M2, Oly 12-100 f4, ISO 640, F4, 1/3 sec, 34mm at 12:10 AM, no tripod, braced camera against window sill.
Steadying aids: glasses of Paul Hobbs Pinot Noir + glass of well aged port.

Normally use GFX or Sony A9, but brought Oly with me because of its remarkable stabilization.
Two more Fireworks pix with similar exposure.

Fireworks1010158.jpgFireworks1010129.jpg

Elderly

It's Christmas, isn't it, so time to check out the toy stores :bugeyes:

gx8 with Pana 12-35mm f/2.8 @ 19mm and f/2.8

Lovely moment caught - I love the positions of the limbs and those. great colours. Your photo is much classier than the car:thumbup:.

Elderly

Chocks away!!!

I was standing MUCH too close when I shot this and was almost blown off my feet when the pilot opened the throttle :loco:

Elderly

I don't really like Porsches and I'm not really a fan of shooting with wide-ish angle lenses ......
..... but I do like colours.

Internaut

Fun walking with a dinosaur. I was amazed when the batteries actually took a charge and my Panasonic L1 actually switched on and worked perfectly.

Rivets
by Jason Hindle, on Flickr

Winter Berries

Trafford Road Bridge

Crossing Trafford Road Bridge

Exchange Quay

At The Beeb

They Make Blue Peter Here

The Lowry

bensonga

For most of my 64 years I have lived in northern climates (born in Minnesota). For the last 30 years in Alaska. Few things would make me happier than moving to a warmer climate where I would never have to deal with snow, ice and cold for 5-6 months of the year again. I know that winter scenes can be beautiful, but my day to day experience of commuting to work in Alaska on poorly maintained roads in the dark, shoveling snow from the driveway, scraping ice and snow off the car etc is not that "winter wonderland". Thankfully, winters in southcentral Alaska are warmer and shorter than when I moved here 30 years ago. Even so, I dream of a day when I can live in a place where it rarely (if ever) snows.

Gary

Parking lot at my office. GX8, 12-35/2.8, 13x19 print made for a "Winter Landscapes" photo challenge....made in the spirit of the "New Topographics" movement.
My friends here who truly love winter will not appreciate this winter landscape.

Last edited: