The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

jonoslack

Apologies for double posting . .
Seems it’s time to move the G9 into the normal Fun With thread . .

The sun is shining today (but it’s pretty cold and windy)
At any rate, we got out with the dogs just after dawn, here are a few shots with the G9 and the 100-400

First of all, here are a couple taken at 1600 of chickens . . The first is at 300mm and the second at 400mm, perhaps the high ISO masks the distinction, but they both look okay (I was about 5-10 metres away). Both are cropped slightly (about 25%)

300mm​

400mm​

These Swans flew by while we were walking - unusual, and I wasn’t ready, so it’s single shot point AF Aperture priority

Finally a robin 350mm 1600 ISO again.

Not perfect, but I’m learning!

Elderly

As an antidote to all those wonderful close-ups of birds that have been posted on various 'Fun with 4/3rds cameras' threads :grin: :

Elderly

Okay - for all you birders out there :salute:.

The way to do it without a long lens (this was shot using my 12-100) ....

.... is to creep up on them whilst they are asleep :lecture: :grin:.

k-hawinkler

... and using face recognition and Eye-AF! :ROTFL: :LOL: :ROTFL:

V

Vivek

:thumbs:

iiiNelson

All these bird sots remind me of the one bird photo I can really remember taking with the Panasonic GF1 and the 45 Macro nearly 8 years ago now.

Alcatraz by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

Clearly not the reach and sharpness of the newest sensor and lens combinations that are available now, but the good thing about urbanized wildlife is that sometimes they let you get close enough for it not to matter.

AlanS

So I have been looking at some of my old files from my G1 & G5 and reprocessing them in modern s/w (C1 v10 & Rawtherapee). I used the original 4/3rd 14-50 2.8-3.5 Vario Elmarit and was always impressed by the 3d look that I got with that lens. Anyway the upshot is I have a GX80, 2.8-3.5 Vario Elmarit, Oly 9-18 (which I had before) and Pany. adapter on their way to me! Here are a few of the re-processed files from 2010!

Panasonic G1, 14-50 2.8-3.5 Vario Elmarit. Northumberland.

jonoslack

Terrifying Birds
(The dinosaurs amongst us)

G9 100-400 Vario 364mm ISO 640​

G9 100-400 Vario 318mm ISO 800​

G9 100-400 Vario 300mm ISO 800​

G9 100-400 Vario 300mm ISO 1250​