The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

kweide

Brian,

that portrait is beautiful and your daughter as well... just as mama

See my son...
How does she like ??? Should we arange something ??? :ROTFL:

G1 fightersclub strikes back again ... :)

kevinparis

20 years?... I am sure we will all still be here arguing whether the new Panasony G25 is worth the hassle of the temporal shift viewfinder that allows you to take photos of last week or whether it is better to wait for the Olympapple version.

by that time Vivek should have perfected the adaptor to allow him to use the Hubble telescope... but will have problems focussing at anything closer than infinity or the edge of the universe.. whichever is closer

peace and smiles

K

jklotz

Here's a quick snap of just west of downtown Atlanta. The satellite dishes seen in the distance are from the technical dept of Turner Broadcasting's entertainment division. So if you are watching TNT or TBS tonight, that is where it's coming from! Kit lens, 1/320 @ f8, iso 100

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Kweide- Very handsome son you have there.

Mr. K men of the G1 fight club: Try it, you'll like it. I have an Oly E3, so I know where you are coming from. It is a wonderful camera, but the G1 is something special. Don't fight it.:angel:

jklotz, Nice cityscape.

kevinparis

Cindy

Not sure if I am the Brad Pitt or the Ed Norton of the G1 fight club... but anyway... I will sit on the sidelines till olympus show their hand. Anyway .. all the Leica glass in this house belongs to Helena Bonham Carter :)

Until then I am left fiddling about with my Nikkors........hold on that didnt come out right :)

K1

(Klaus is K2 because he is taller)

kevinparis

don't think there is any doubt... the kit lens wins

better leave the zenitar on your full frame cameras and enjoy the fun of its fisheye

K

kweide

Hi Cindy

thanx.... i have an E-3 too and still love it. Several pics published her.
Waiting for the Oly answer m4/3 Sytem....until then i do some pictures with my small sensor monsters and my E-3....

Oh boy, am i now a double agent or a renegade ????:ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:
Think i should uncork another bottle of wine....
BTW: We have again a lot of snow here.

kevinparis

Klaus

I'll have a double renegade...shaken not sloshed... and hold the olives :)

we have the luxury of being able to post anywhere :)

are we having fun yet ?

K

Terry

OK I know these aren't worthy of the thread but I just got a new adapter in the mail today and this is the first time I've been able to use my 50 lux on the G1 and it is dark and raining so this is what you get inside my apartment....definitely easier for me to get the focus in so so light on the G1.

ISO 800 1/50 f1.4
View attachment 12081

ISO 800 1/200 f1.4
View attachment 12082

don't think there is any doubt... the kit lens wins
better leave the zenitar on your full frame cameras and enjoy the fun of its fisheye
Only the Zenitar is f/2.8 and I can manually set the aperture I want while being dictated the aperture by the "intelligence" of the camera when using the set lens. Most photos taken with the set lens here are too sharp overall for my taste. Selective sharpness is shown in pictures taken with manual 3rd party lenses

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Sanibel - Our local Osprey, sitting on the hotel roof.

We are now have rebuilt a small colony of these in Toronto.

Keith

Pano 45-200

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Sanibel

Two ways to see the sea, without walking. But maybe a little noisy.

I may try to get a ride on the Thriller to take some photos . . . stay tuned!

Both with Pano 45-200. ISO 100 on the first, ISO 400 on the second.

Keith

jklotz

Here's a pic of my gf's dog. He is one of my favorite subjects, as he'll pose all day for you. Anyway, this is a g1 w/ VC 1.7 nokton @ f2, iso 800 (a nice, fast low contrast lens, cool for b&w's...)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Sanibel - Great Egret - that's his name, not being presumptuous on whether or not the picture is great :D

G1, Pano 45-200, ISO 200, f7

(All pictures I've posted from Sanibel are G1 - the only camera I bought with me)