The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

AlanS

First trip out with my (new to me) kit.
Lumix GX80, Zuiko ED 12-60mm f2.8-4.0 SWD (4/3rd) River Wear,

Knorp

It's the Panasonic one DMW-MA1
Thanks, Alan.
I already have the Olympus MMF-3 for my Olympus FT lenses, but I'm considering a dedicated adapter for my Panasonic FT 25/1.4 lens.
AF with my FT lenses and MMF-3 on the GX8 or G9 is hopeless, but AF works good enough on the EM1-II because of its PDAF support.
The specifications of the DMW-MA1 only reads this "Support Contrast AF. Maintain Exposure control compatibility".
Perhaps I better stick to the MMF-3 and find a second one.

AlanS

Hi Bart, Can't help you much. I only use it for manual focusing and exif. It does autofocus but is slow!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks, Alan.
I already have the Olympus MMF-3 for my Olympus FT lenses, but I'm considering a dedicated adapter for my Panasonic FT 25/1.4 lens.
AF with my FT lenses and MMF-3 on the GX8 or G9 is hopeless, but AF works good enough on the EM1-II because of its PDAF support.
The specifications of the DMW-MA1 only reads this "Support Contrast AF. Maintain Exposure control compatibility".
Perhaps I better stick to the MMF-3 and find a second one.
I don't think there are any differences electronically between the MMF-1/2/3 and the DMW-MA1. They simply connect the connectors on both sides. I agree that the two E-M1 cameras are the only ones that offr satisfactory AF with 4/3 lenses. Still, I used the PL 14-50mm f/2.8-3.5 as my main lens with the GH2/3 for 2-3 years.

The aperture ring of the PL lenses will, as far as I know, work on Panasonic cameras regardles of adapter.

Knorp

I don't think there are any differences electronically between the MMF-1/2/3 and the DMW-MA1. They simply connect the connectors on both sides. I agree that the two E-M1 cameras are the only ones that offr satisfactory AF with 4/3 lenses. Still, I used the PL 14-50mm f/2.8-3.5 as my main lens with the GH2/3 for 2-3 years.

The aperture ring of the PL lenses will, as far as I know, work on Panasonic cameras regardles of adapter.
Just tried the PL FT 25/1.4 w/MMF-3 on my G9 and auto focussing - although not super fast - is actually pretty good, frankly I'm pleasantly surprised, while my OLY FT SHG lenses are just rubbish on the G9 (and GX8) ...

AlanS

I am sure they are great camera's but I handled one a few years ago and it just didn't feel right somehow. I am buying lumix fixed focus lens so want to stick with lumix. No right or wrong here just preference I think?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Too early for lunch, no meetings until the afternoon, local temple close to the chosen lunch restaurant (Le Bistrot at Hotel Savoy, exceptional food and ambience, just in case you get hungry in Yangon).

GX8 with Pana 35-100mm f/2.8 @ 89mm and f/2.8

https://www.savoy-myanmar.com/

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Made a short visit to Singapore the other day. The hotel had a rooftop bar, happy hours and a fantastic IPA. The view wasn't too bad either.

GX8 with 12-35mm f/2.8 @ 13mm and f/3.5

AlanS

Lumix GX80, 20mm f1.7 2, Hamsterley Forest.
I am liking the 20mm, very sharp and nice rendering.