The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

AlanS

Too sharp, if that is possible ?
Yes, you are right! I found a switch in DxO for "lens sharpness" which I turn off now and just apply usm, looks much better! I am going to experiment with the settings and see if I can get a better setting than the default.

jonoslack

Great Tit - G9 with PL 100-400 @ 318mm ISO 250 1/640th​

Blue Tit - G9 with PL 100-400 @ 300mm ISO 200 1/3200 sec​

blue Tit - G9 with PL 100-400 @ 300mm ISO 200 1/2500 sec​

Robin - G9 with PL 100-400 @ 300mm ISO 200 1/640 sec​

Tree Sparrow - G9 with PL 100-400 @ 400mm ISO 200 1/1600 sec​

Hedge Sparrow - G9 with PL 100-400 @ 364mm ISO 400 1/640 sec​

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
There are sharper, cooler, faster etc. telephoto lenses around, but at this price, this weight and this size, the 100-300mm II is hard to beat. Picked it up on Tuesday, spent 4 days at a kite festival in Malaysia since. Loads of fun, tons of photos.

GX8 with Pana 100-300mm II @ 250mm and f/6.3

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
And this is what the kite monster looked like after they finally got it off the ground. It took around 20 people to get it up and 6 just to hold the line. They all cheered when it got airborne, and they cheered just as much when it crashed after 20 seconds or so :ROTFL:

GX8 with Pana 100-300 II @ 100mm and f/6.3

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
There was time for selfies too, also for those wearing Chinese style sun protection. Must be factor 1 million.

GX8 with 100-300mm II @ 234mm and f/5.6

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Extraordinary ! What's the matter with these people ? All suffer from a sun or light allergy ? Or worse in fear of skin cancer ? Or just in fear of getting a tan ?
Fear of getting a tan. When that is said, pretty much everybody use factor 30 or more at the kite festivals. The girls in the photo are professionals, flying 4-line kites 3-7 days per week, so protection is needed, but Asians in general and the Chinese in particular are pretty obsessed with white skin colour.

Knorp

Fear of getting a tan. When that is said, pretty much everybody use factor 30 or more at the kite festivals. The girls in the photo are professionals, flying 4-line kites 3-7 days per week, so protection is needed, but Asians in general and the Chinese in particular are pretty obsessed with white skin colour.
Imagine that: a professional kite flyer !

Still, what's the world coming to: 'white' people want to become tanned, 'coloured' people want to become 'white'.
I've seen this during my stay in South Africa ('83) as well and found it pretty amazing.
Perhaps "total globalization" is the long term ultimate solution for us ?