The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
My Vietnamese interpreter/assistant insists that I try all of her favourite local foods. So far I've survived :p

GM5 with Pana 25mm f/1.7 @ f/2

bensonga

Got my eye on you...

G85, 100-300 II lens at 300mm, ISO 400, f8.

IMHO, not bad for a cropped 16mp MFT image at an effective FL of 600mm and hand held.

Last edited:

bensonga

Mallards are so common, they get no respect, whether male or female. Least of all pictures of them.

At least they are more colorful than the waterfowl which are just as common here in Alaska....the Canada Geese.

Added note: I printed this image tonight on two papers from Red River Paper. Their Ultra Pro Gloss and Polar Pearl Metallic. I like both prints, but I think the metallic paper brings out the iridescence in the mallard's green feathers best.

As always, a print is my ultimate goal and test for every photo I take.

Gary

G9, 100-300 II lens at 300, ISO 400, 1/1300th at f5.6

Last edited:

neilvan

Seeing the Purple Martins and Tree Swallows let's me know that spring has finally begun here on the west coast of Canada.

E-M1.2 / 90-250mm w/EC-14 (horrible mid-morning direct sunlight...)

bensonga

Earlier this week I visited the Palomar Observatory which houses the 200 inch Hale Telescope inside this dome. The telescope was immense, much bigger than I had imagined it would be. None of my pictures could truly capture the size of it.

The 200-inch Hale Telescope

Gary

GX8, 12-35/2.8

Knorp

Earlier this week I visited the Palomar Observatory which houses the 200 inch Hale Telescope inside this dome. The telescope was immense, much bigger than I had imagined it would be. None of my pictures could truly capture the size of it.
Then next time bring an 8-18 or better still a 7-14 ... :grin: