The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The 100-300 is the only really portable 600mm eqv. lens that I know about that offers an image quality that I can live with. Here's from yesterday's photo safari in Bangkok. This is a motive have captured many times, trying out telephoto lenses, since it's taken from a sky-train station only a few hundred metres from the camera shop.

The background distortion is due to the heat.

GX8 with Pana 100-300mm II @ 300mm and f/8

neilvan

From a visit to a local community garden...

E-M1.2 w/60mm Macro

clematis in fern

E-M1.2 w/40-150Pro @ 150mm

solitary dogwood blossom

Last edited:

AlanS

I am back from our annual tour of Europe on the motorbike. Some random shots from the trip......
GX80, 20mm f1.7 mk2, Zagreb.

scho

I haven't used the GX8 for awhile so took it out today in the garden with the 35-100II.

Last edited:

scho

I noticed this cottontail gathering large clumps of grass and then running back into the middle of one of our garden plots. I assume that she is getting ready to drop a bunch of bunnies into a nest in the garden.

GX8 with Lumix 100-300

scho

A few shots taken around the arboretum ponds with the GX8 + 20/1.8. Homecoming celebrations finished up last night so very quiet here today with only a few alumni taking in the peaceful atmosphere before departing.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I made an Excel sheet last night, with a list of all the camera gear I own, the items I could remember there and then, with low, sometimes very low, value estimates. I summed it up too. Scary stuff... very, very scary :wtf:

If photography were the purpose, I should dump all of it onto the market and keep the 9 year old plastic fantastic GH1 and the equally plastic fantastic Panasonic 25mm f/1.7. That was pretty much how I worked 15 years ago, before digital, with an OM-1 and a 50mm f/1.8.

GH1 with Pana 25mm f/1.7 @ f/2, cropped and converted in PS