The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

scho

First outing with a new G-9. Trying out high res mode (80 MP) on tripod using the G 20/1.7 II. Some motion artifacts in the trees and I had to clone out a couple of tourists.

scho

Another with the G9 and 20/1.7 II. Also high res mode.

Hole in the wall. Old mill site below Ithaca Falls.

scho

Houston Pond and pergola at the Cornell arboretum. DC-G9 with Leica DG Vario-Elmarit 2.8/8-18 ASPH.

scho

Last one of the day. G9 with my old Samyang 24mm TS, about 1.5 degrees tilt, high resolution mode, 2 shifted shots stitched with LR photomerge to produce a final 116 MP image. A couple of sunstars that were replicated 8x by in-camera pixel shifting to produce the high res images.

A single high resolution image from same setup taken later near sunset.

Last edited:

scho

Today's "New Camera" experiment was indoors with the focus bracket function. Simple tabletop fruit bowl subject with ambient window light. G9 + 35-100 on tripod using following settings: Initial focus point was near edge of bowl. Exposure settings were f/5.6, AV mode, 1.3 sec shutter, 70mm, ISO 200. Focus bracket mode with 16 shots, +3 step, and 0+/- settings. 16 images were stacked in Zerene using PM mode and tif output to LR where some vignetting was added.

biglouis

The G9+12-35/2.8 is still the camera I tend grab if I have an assignment I want to complete but carrying only the lightest camera equipment. Stunning image quality, imho. In this case, a Grade II listed bollard in East London. A full description is at my Flickr stream.

scho

I stopped at Buttermilk Falls to see if there were any swimmers and found this. All with the G9 + Leica DG 8-18

Apparently they plan to dredge out the pool below the falls and they first have to create an access road for the dredge. No swimming here this summer:shocked:

scho

Walking along the lakeshore taking mud pictures with the G9 + Leica DG 45 Macro.

Waterfowl prints

Solitary plant

Mud rows

scho

A few images taken in Stewart Park at the south end of Cayuga Lake in Ithaca, NY. Panasonic G9 + Leica DG 45 Macro

Canada geese

Big light bulb. One of many lamps being erected for a big Reggae festival that will take over the park this weekend.

This gent biked in early to get a good seat for the festival.

A mother and children kayaking on Fall Creek

Duck pond reflections

scho

Plant leaves. Just exercising the 100-300 on the G9, but no birds around so looked for contrasting leaf texture and colors.