The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Arne Hvaring

The highlight of the visit was the conventual church of the Order of the Knights of St John, finished in 1577. At the time looking rather austere both inside and out. In the seventeenth century the Grand Master ordered the redecoration of the interior in the then emerging flamboyant Baroque style. The result was stunning to say the least. Even the floor consists of a collection of inlaid marble tombstones.

Attachments

Maggie O

Pen-F.

12/2:

Rick Kelly Bowery Pine Snakehead Tele, January 04, 2018 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

17/1.8:

Nelvis Is Taking A Breather. May 12, 2018 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Hahn Jim Campilongo Model C Headstock, May 12, 2018 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Hahn Jim Campilongo Model C Neck Plate, May 12, 2018 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Hahn Jim Campilongo Model C Bridge, May 12, 2018 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Hahn Jim Campilongo Model C With Fender PRRI, May 12, 2018 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Yep, I got a new guitar. It's fantastic, by the way. Hand-made body, neck, pickups and hardware. Designed by Chihoe Hahn in conjunction with Jim Campilongo. Plays great, sounds great.

And here's the kicker- it only costs $1,500.00 USD! That's less than a mass-produced American Fender. I'm not getting paid, but I reckon I should turn on my guitar playing friends to this super bargain before something happens to it.

Hahn Model C

Arne Hvaring

Last stop Barcelona. A city where tourists are welcomed with slogans like "tourists go home" and (worse) words to that effect. A victim of its own success I suppose.
Entering the city and its wast harbour from the seaside in the early morning is impressive; seeing its most famous building engulfed by the morning sun. Even a local cruiser appeared seducing...

Attachments

Arne Hvaring

We did not spend much time in Barcelona. Walking the well known Ramblas and taking a look at the (rightly) famous market where one frequently encounters signs of "no photographs, we are a market not a tourist attraction" pure nonsense of course; it is indeed one of Barcelonas main attractions. Some vendors did not mind though :p

Attachments

Arne Hvaring

Me? I walked to the end of the Ramblas to El Corte Ingles and bought a few bottles of Spanish wine to make up for the trespassing.
Then left; heading for home...
Finishing with the mother of photographic cliches; a sunset...
And thanking all who have followed and liked this little travelogue of mostly tourist snaps:thumbup:

Attachments

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The more I travel, the more I realise how similarly people behave, regardless of nationality, religion, race and culture. They go to the beach, they buy ice-cream, they fly kites and the next morning they go to school or to work.

GX8 with Pana 100-300mm II @ 250mm and f/8