The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

mediumcool

From the Wikipedia:

"In Australia, reef cod and rock cod (a different variety from that used in the United Kingdom), barramundi or flathead (more expensive options), flake (a type of shark meat) or snapper (cheaper options), are commonly used. From the early 21st century, farmed basa imported from Vietnam and hoki have become common in Australian fish and chip shops. Other types of fish are also used based on regional availability."

What was your fish, Ian ?

Brgds.
That Wikipedia entry does not accord with my extremely long experience with fish/chips—mostly in South Australia. Species like mulloway are often loosely labelled as butterfish. I have never heard of the use of any kind of cod in SA fish outlets. It rightly states that barramundi and flathead are more expensive, but so is snapper—never cheaper in my experience (used to be my favourite fish for its flavour and ‘meaty’ texture, but is now rare and consequently costly).

The species was probably mulloway [aka butterfish, and I bought two delicious pieces], or flake [akshully shark!] but less likely to have been hake [category includes silver whiting, rather more expensive, and ordered as such].

Fish and chip shops in Australia are slowly fading away, being replaced by chains; owners were traditionally/usually of Greek heritage, and every suburb or town was likely to have a shop. Nowadays they sell chickens and Chiko Rolls too. I remember it costing just under $10 in the holiday town of Goolwa in 2014; not particularly cheap for takeaway.

AlanS

Don't you just love Fish & chips! (well I do) :)

Lumix G9, Zuiko ED 12-60mm f2.8-4.0 SWD (High-res mode)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Enough about Nikon. Here's today's shot, with my new, second hand GX8 which only speaks Japanese (I managed to upgrade firmaware anyway), with the $150 25mm f/1.7 and only a single memory card slot :chug:

GX8 with Pana 25mm f/1.7 @ f/2.8

biglouis

First year cub growing up. Unlike previous cubs this one is very shy and very wary. It may be our cats. Two of them (we have four) are fiercely territorial and at least once I've seen the cub being chased away. Contrary to belief, even mature foxes steer clear of cats: they have claws!
G9+Lumix Leica 200/2.8+TC2.0 f5.6, 1/500 iso1250 400mm