The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Knorp

Am I right ? Can you please, be more precise ?
Thank you ! :)
Hi there Antonio,

let me answer this for Ian, he's from down-under you know.

The lens is the 'Little Tuna' or in full the Olympus Zuiko Digital 150mm 1:2
As this is a 43 lens, an adapter is required to mount the lens to a (mirrorless) µ43 camera.

Kind regards.

k-hawinkler

Hi there Antonio,

let me answer this for Ian, he's from down-under you know.

The lens is the 'Little Tuna' or in full the Olympus Zuiko Digital 150mm 1:2
As this is a 43 lens, an adapter is required to mount the lens to a (mirrorless) µ43 camera.

Kind regards.
Stunning IQ Bart. Thanks for posting the image.
What aperture did you use?
AF-S or AF-C?

Knorp

Stunning IQ Bart. Thanks for posting the image.
What aperture did you use?
AF-S or AF-C?
Thank you, K-H. There's definitely a 3D-look to it, no ?

AF for this lens in general, even on the EM1-II, is somewhat cumbersome and a little sluggish.
So I'm using AF-S only, but I've got to admit I didn't bother too much using AF-C.
Aperture used here was F5.6

All the best.

k-hawinkler

Thank you, K-H. There's definitely a 3D-look to it, no ?

AF for this lens in general, even on the EM1-II, is omewhat cumbersome and a little sluggish.
So I'm using AF-S only, but I've got to admit I didn't bother too much using AF-C.
Aperture used here was F5.6

All the best.

Many thanks Bart. I agree, to my eyes definitely a 3D-look. :clap:
AF-S gives better and more repeatable focus than AF-C in my experience.
F5.6 seems perfect to me for this shot.

Little Tuna is a gem for sure. :thumbs:
Thanks again.

Knorp

Let's call it a Mega-Tuna and impressive it is indeed.
Still, I wonder if you can easily shoot it hand-held ... :rolleyes:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I'm going all nostalgic here. 10 year old photo with the E-1 and the lovely 11-22.

E-1 with Zuiko 11-22mm f/2.8-3.5 @ 11mm and f/4

Antonio Correia

Even with some issues this is great. The difference in light was great (the white wall at right). Shot with a 5 MkII + 12-40. Bracketing of 3 exposures and HDR in LR. Final image slightly adjusted in this program.
the issues at the bottom of the post

Antonio Correia

Originals and some notes

I have to use the camera over and over to feel it. To understand the some many setting available and know by heart and quickly where things are. That is what I was doing.
Experimenting, playing around with a toy. Preparing for greater works ? Perhaps...

I post the 3 originals bellow. They were made handheld. With some care of course...
Why am I doing this in LR ? Because it is available in this program and I have to play with it so I understand how it works and it's results. If it is available in LR why go to CC if it even asks to save files before doing the job ? More time to spend on a photograph with similar results, I guess...

Now, I try to be systematic on key wording the images. I have just discovered how good it is to use Smart Filters... One has to be very systematic and methodical. Perhaps I will write a cheat sheet to post on the computer to constantly remember the necessary settings.

Look carefully at the photos. he was coming down.

Last edited:

k-hawinkler

That lens is magical :shocked:

Makes me want to buy an E-M1 just to use with that lens.
butterflies in windy conditions ...

| zuiko 150mm f2.0 |
Many thanks Bart. Stunningly gorgeous images.
Those images more than compensate for carrying around all that weight. :grin:

This one is from Last year April.

Olympus E-M1MarkII + Olympus ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 150mm 1:2.0 @ ISO 200, FOCAL LENGTH 150.0 mm, APERTURE f/2, EXPOSURE TIME 0.0025s (1/400).

Heavily cropped image.

Olympus E-M1MarkII + Olympus ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 150mm 1:2.0 @ ISO 200, FOCAL LENGTH 150.0 mm, APERTURE f/2, EXPOSURE TIME 0.0025s (1/400).

Last edited: