The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I used to have the E1 and the 2/150 - long time sold now. I should have kept the 2/150 though :banghead:

Knorp

I used to have the E1 and the 2/150 - long time sold now. I should have kept the 2/150 though :banghead:
Well, should you decide to go Fuji and can find the pennies that new 200/2 is truly something to be hold in earnest ...

k-hawinkler

Well, should you decide to go Fuji and can find the pennies that new 200/2 is truly something to be hold in earnest ...
Yup, I agree Bart, a Fuji X-H2 and 200/2 is finally competition to an E-M1.3 - or whatever they call it - and little tuna 150/2 SHG.

Maybe Olympus should/will consider bringing out an updated version of little tuna with the focusing and image stabilization of the 300/4 Pro. :salute:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I've reduced the number of lenses that I own considerably, so the Samyang 50mm has come back in use. Not the smoothest of bokehs at this distance wide open, but sharpness is excellent.

GX8 with Samyang 50mm f/1.2 @ f/1.2

Knorp

Yup, I agree Bart, a Fuji X-H2 and 200/2 is finally competition to an E-M1.3 - or whatever they call it - and little tuna 150/2 SHG.

Maybe Olympus should/will consider bringing out an updated version of little tuna with the focusing and image stabilization of the 300/4 Pro. :salute:
I wonder what Olympus are brewing and what this rumoured new uber-camera is all about.
But I can't find an updated lens roadmap that goes beyond the recently released F1.2 lenses.

Knorp

I've reduced the number of lenses that I own considerably, so the Samyang 50mm has come back in use. Not the smoothest of bokehs at this distance wide open, but sharpness is excellent.

GX8 with Samyang 50mm f/1.2 @ f/1.2

It's quite bluish too, Jørgen ... :p

What should this reduction lead to ?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
It's quite bluish too, Jørgen ... :p

What should this reduction lead to ?
To start with, the reduction leads to more money in my pocket. Still, I have 3 zooms and 3 primes for this system. However, this leaves some space on the budget and in my camera bag for considering a full frame system next year, probably Nikon or Panasonic.

AlanS

GX80, 20mm f1.7 mk2 SEP2
View from Mallaig to Eigg,
Western Isles, Scotland.
Had a long weekend with the missus on the bike,
not much photography but a lot of fast riding! :D