The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Absolutely ! But I'm unlikely to buy a PL 200/2.8 any time soon.
I fully agree, the 2.8/200 is a too much speciality lens! Same is actually true for the 2/200 Fuji X lens, too much speciality lens and too expensive.

The Olympus 4/300 sits actually at the boarder for me WRT price/performance and what one really needs - especially for such a small sensor.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I fully agree, the 2.8/200 is a too much speciality lens! Same is actually true for the 2/200 Fuji X lens, too much speciality lens and too expensive.

The Olympus 4/300 sits actually at the boarder for me WRT price/performance and what one really needs - especially for such a small sensor.
The 150/2 is a specialty lens too, which is why it would be nice to see them compared. The price of a used 150/2 plus a used E-M1 II is similar to a new PL 200/2.8, so it's a relevant comparison. The advantage for me going for an E-M1/150mm would be that I still have the PL 14-50mm in 4/3 mount, a lens that nowadays also works best on E-M1 bodies.

Hmmm... we'll see what happens tomorrow and at Photokina :)

ptomsu

Workshop Member
The 150/2 is a specialty lens too, which is why it would be nice to see them compared. The price of a used 150/2 plus a used E-M1 II is similar to a new PL 200/2.8, so it's a relevant comparison. The advantage for me going for an E-M1/150mm would be that I still have the PL 14-50mm in 4/3 mount, a lens that nowadays also works best on E-M1 bodies.

Hmmm... we'll see what happens tomorrow and at Photokina :)
I hear you Jorgen! And I understand your desires. But in your case I would be careful with Olympus EM1 or EM1.2, as you seem not to get easy friends with their menu implementation ....

I for myself have found I want to start again and spend my budget on FF (mirrorless) and so the next few days will show hopefully a lot of possibilities.

Nikon - several advantages as well known operation and a great Z-mount
Panasonic - if that L-mount is coming true and is as flexible as I anticipate and hope (usability of M glass without too much IQ loss) then that would be obviously my thing
Sony - if they finally decide to make their bodies larger that would be a perfect system for me
Canon - if they decide to get rid of their unacceptable 4K implementations that could also become interesting

So yes, tomorrow is really one of these days .....

Knorp

I hear you Jorgen! And I understand your desires. But in your case I would be careful with Olympus EM1 or EM1.2, as you seem not to get easy friends with their menu implementation ....

I for myself have found I want to start again and spend my budget on FF (mirrorless) and so the next few days will show hopefully a lot of possibilities.

Nikon - several advantages as well known operation and a great Z-mount
Panasonic - if that L-mount is coming true and is as flexible as I anticipate and hope (usability of M glass without too much IQ loss) then that would be obviously my thing
Sony - if they finally decide to make their bodies larger that would be a perfect system for me
Canon - if they decide to get rid of their unacceptable 4K implementations that could also become interesting

So yes, tomorrow is really one of these days .....
The latest news has it that ... (L4) Sigma rumored to develop a new L mount camera too!

marlof

All I want is something to replace my EM1.1 to use with the bigger pro lenses I have (12-40; 40-150; 25). I don’t use them much but when I do I prefer a camera with a nice grip. And I do find that Olympus cameras match Olympus lenses best, as do Panasonic lenses with Panasonic bodies. I never fell in love with the EM1 but still decided to skip one generation because I use it so little. But I don’t expect Olympus to make an announcement soon.

For all other purposes, I hope my Pen-F with tiny Olympus premium lenses and GX9 with assorted Panasonic lenses have eternal life. I feel zero need to upgrade anything there.

Although... I’d love an update to the old O45, to fit the other metal premium lenses. They can keep the optical formula unchanged. How snobbish is it that I’d pay money for that?

jotloob

Subscriber Member
https://www.dpreview.com/articles/3...-and-xf-8-16mm-f2-8?ref_=pe_1674010_132618830

Bart, it seems the Fujifilm XF 200mm F2 is competing with little tuna. :grin:

It certainly is similarly shaped, fairly short but massive.

Cost: Fujinon XF200mmF2 R LM OIS WR Lens with XF1.4X TC F2 Teleconverter Kit about $6k

I paid a little over $2k for my little tuna. Taking adapter and TCs into account about half price.
A new generation of nuclear weapons ? ? ? I hope you have a sherpa to carry these "weapons" :ROTFL::ROTFL: