The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

AlanS

Thanks Jorgen, much appreciated. I think the format is mostly irrelevant tbh, only if printing big is it really required. The "look" of the format can be a factor but for this type of record shot it is not really a problem.

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks Jorgen, much appreciated. I think the format is mostly irrelevant tbh, only if printing big is it really required. The "look" of the format can be a factor but for this type of record shot it is not really a problem.
I'm also a bit envious. I arrived back from my first visit to India (Hyderabad) this morning. During my 5 days, I saw an airport, a hotel, a trade exhibition hall and an assortment of taxis, mostly from the inside :loco: :ROTFL:

Food was excellent though :)

AlanS

That is a real shame, you would love the street life there. I really struggle to shoot people and am a little disappointed at my attempts (mostly missed) to capture the atmosphere there. With your skills you would have a ball!

AlanS

Thanks Guys!
It was fantastic, it exceeded all our expectations and we had a great time. The Indian people are so warm and friendly, it really made the holiday.

AlanS

Lumix GX80, G Vario 7-14mm f4 (all pics)
Rickshaw ride, Old Delhi, India, feeding the monkeys.
Note the creative electrical wiring!

Agrasen Ki Baoli step well (10th C), New Delhi

Street art, New Delhi

biglouis

A couple of Grey Heron in flight photos, taken at a pond on London's Hampstead Heath. The wing profile of the bird in flight is quite impressive. G9+200/2.8+TC1.4.

biglouis

A couple of Grey Heron in flight photos,

Much sharper now, Louis.

What are you doing that has made the difference?

Well done.
Thanks, Tony. Firstly, I think I have improved my technique. I've become more realistic about the limitations of a camera to capture bif. To that extent I shoot less and concentrate on anticpating what the bird will do. In this case I watched the bird for about 30 minutes waiting for it fly and then anticipated its path, which with a big bird is a little easier.

AlanS also introduced me to some sharpening techniques in LR and also the use of DxO Photolab 2 to improve noise control and sharpening. I'm still in two minds about purchasing DxO, neither of the previously posted shots used it. However this one is from a frame I took into DxO for additional work.