The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

drunkenspyder

Just fooling around, trying to figure out how this lens behaves under different circumstances.
Thanks for posting these. I own and am a big fan of the Nocticron 42.5. If you mentioned a comparison already, my apologies for missing it, but do you have any thoughts on a comparison of the two?

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Jorgen,

this 8mm seems to be a real winner - great shots with lots of dynamic :thumbs:

not to confuse with DR, but I guess even DR is pretty high ;)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jorgen,

this 8mm seems to be a real winner - great shots with lots of dynamic :thumbs:

not to confuse with DR, but I guess even DR is pretty high ;)
Thanks, Peter. It's a fantastic lens, extremely sharp with and abundance of colour and contrast already from f/1.8. It must be one of the best lenses in the m4/3 arsenal, and it should be considering the price. I was lucky to pick one up for a very reasonable price though.

They way it renders reminds me of the Zeiss 21mm, and that says a lot. The Zeiss is the best wide angle lens I've ever used. Composing with a fisheye is a challenge, but I'm starting to get the hang of it, and I find it much more entertaining than a straight 7mm. The large aperture is also a great help for indoor images.

Elderly

Nice Black & White Jorgen /\
Does it work in colour?

I'm glad to see that the weather was better for you than when I was there 9 years ago
with my newly acquired non-weatherproof GH1.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Nice Black & White Jorgen /\
Does it work in colour?

I'm glad to see that the weather was better for you than when I was there 9 years ago
with my newly acquired non-weatherproof GH1.
That's a fantastic photo.

No, it doesn't work that well in colour. Too many distractions in the background.