The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Elderly

Thanks, Ian. What are those bright red and blue spots ?

My holidays started poorly with a sore throat and feeling feverish ... :cry:
I'm sorry to hear that Bart ….. more whisky needed?

The 'spots' : The red one is a light bulb; I've no idea if it has any religious significance

The little blue one ……..????? I could say what it looks like to me, but I don't want to cause offence to people who may know what it might actually represent

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Really like this shot, but I guess if it could be done better at all then only with the just to be announced EM1X and the new tele zoom :ROTFL::toocool::cool:;):ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:
I can assure you that the performance of the GX8 with the 100-300mm makes it very hard to defend any "investment" in new gear. The PL 45mm Macro performs even better, as does the 8mm Fisheye. The 12mm f/2 is more than good enough and the 25mm f/1.7 is good enough for most purposes. I will buy the 75mm f/1.8 again and wish there was a compact 150 or 200mm f/4 prime available, but I suppose I can't have everything :)

Elderly

I can assure you that the performance of the *** with the 100-300mm makes it very hard to defend any "investment" in new gear. :)
I was thinking that whilst looking at your great photograph of the catenary & locomotive, which I think is an excellent use of 300mm.

Where was that shot Jorgen?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I was thinking that whilst looking at your great photograph of the catenary & locomotive, which I think is an excellent use of 300mm.

Where was that shot Jorgen?
That was in Sandvika, 20 km west of Oslo. It's the Airport Express train arriving. All the westbound trains from Oslo make a stop there, so it's a nice place for train spotters :)

I grew up just a few kilometres from that place.

It's indeed one of my favourite uses of the 100-300mm lens, so much so that I could probably use a 300mm prime instead. Unfortunately, the prime is "somwhat" more expensive, and not nearly as handy.