The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

hot

... and again ... my Amaryllis .. astonishing .. out of plants for € 2.99 :)

all out of camera, GX9 + 14-140mm

Elderly

I don't do birds (although I do appreciate them aesthetically),
I don't know what they are, I don't have anything longer or faster than my PL 50-200mm,
and I don't have the technique, but as I do recognise a hmmmmmmming bird (aggressive little b@stards!)

……. and whatever bird is endemic to Ikea :D - I thought that I'd post a couple of my efforts.

scho

Frozen Fall Creek below Ithaca, Falls. OMD E-M1II 12-100 F4 Pro Original was 80MP shot in HighRes mode.

scho

A somewhat surreal view of lower Taughannock gorge after a brief thaw last week. Looks like it could be the end of the last ice age. E-M1II with 12-100. Last three images were from 15-20 shot handheld HS bursts processed and merged in PhotoAcute 3 as "super resolution" approx 80 MP images.

scho

A new spur off the Taughannock Falls gorge trail leading to the Taughannock Farms Inn near a historic settlement and Indian burial ground. E-M1II with the 12-100.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
It's unfortunate that the Zuiko 300mm f/4 is so expensive. I could probably have done most of my "street" photography with that one :)

GX8 with Pana 100-300mm II @ 300mm and f/8

biglouis

Dear m43rds forum friends. I'm posting two final photographs taken with my G9 and Lumix Leica 200/2.8 lens. They are absolute beauties. But I've decided to consolidate my camera systems around Fujifilm and for that reason I am in the process of selling all my m43rds kit - having purchased yesterday a Fujifilm X-T3, Fujinon 100-400 (with 1.4x TC) and the 18-55 lens (for walking about photography). I feel a bit sad to leave this part of the forum because everyone here has always been so polite and supportive. Maybe I'll see you over in the Fujifilm section as and when I begin to post the results of my new kit over there? Not goodbye, but au revoir!

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Dear m43rds forum friends. I'm posting two final photographs taken with my G9 and Lumix Leica 200/2.8 lens. They are absolute beauties. But I've decided to consolidate my camera systems around Fujifilm and for that reason I am in the process of selling all my m43rds kit - having purchased yesterday a Fujifilm X-T3, Fujinon 100-400 (with 1.4x TC) and the 18-55 lens (for walking about photography). I feel a bit sad to leave this part of the forum because everyone here has always been so polite and supportive. Maybe I'll see you over in the Fujifilm section as and when I begin to post the results of my new kit over there? Not goodbye, but au revoir!
Interesting to hear! I am sure you will have much fun with Fuji and the X kit you selected.

Had exactly the same config just with the X-T2 and I was thinking yesterday about making a similar switch. Will see how it works out!

See you soon!

Elderly

I agree with you about consolidation - when I had too much gear I felt that it was rather an albatross around my neck
but don't you think that you should see how you get on with Fuji (a brand I've owned and really liked) before parting with all your m4/3rds kit?
Anyway - I look forward to visiting and seeing your photos in the Fuji forum.

On a personal note, do you get up very early to capture your birds on Hampstead Heath?
I ask this, as my son has recently moved very close to the Heath, is keen on birds if not photography
but rarely sees anything interesting whilst on the Heath at civilised times with his 3 year old son.

scho

A couple taken today with the E-M1II and 12-100. Both were shot in HDR1 mode (raw) and processed via Lightroom in Piccure+.

Buttermilk Falls starting to freeze up again after running free the past few days.

A red belly woodpecker trying to hang on to the feeder.