The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

pegelli

Keep them coming Alan, you did really well on your vacation and I'm thoroughly enjoying the virtual trip!

Especially the rusty fence and tree from your post before last struck an extra chord, but everything you posted so far is very good!

AlanS

Thankyou very much Pieter. I had no expectation when I went on holiday other than to enjoy the break with my wife and friends we holiday with. I have been feeling a little jaded lately, needing some new inspiration . I surpised myself a bit when I started processing these files (I rarely chimp these type of shots) and although I shoot for my own pleasure it is really nice when I get a positive response from my peers.

scho

I think this is either a killdeer or plover foraging in the mud in Cayuga Inlet. Low water level. OM D-EM1II with 12-100. Heavy center crop sharpened in Topaz Sharpen AI and upsized in Topaz AI Gigapixel.

AlanS

The main reason I wanted to go to Seville was to see the gothic cathedral, it didn't dissapoint!

bensonga

I certainly understand why Olympus moved from the Four Thirds DSLR platform to mirrorless Micro Four Thirds cameras. That said, I'm glad they made a camera like the E-5 and outstanding lenses like the 150mm f2.0 ED SHG and 14-35mm f2.0 ED SHG.

Just to be sure my E-5 lives on for years to come, I purchased 4 new batteries for it. My biggest concern about owning older digital cameras is the possibility that good batteries will no longer be available for them in the future.

Here are a few shots from today.

Gary

Native Alaskan sculpture in the BP atrium. E-5 and the 150/2 at f2. Minor adjustments to contrast, no added sharpening.

Bristol Bay Native Corporation building. E-5 and the 14-35/2 at f8. Minor adjustments to contrast, no added sharpening.

k-hawinkler

I certainly understand why Olympus moved from the Four Thirds DSLR platform to mirrorless Micro Four Thirds cameras. That said, I'm glad they made a camera like the E-5 and outstanding lenses like the 150mm f2.0 ED SHG and 14-35mm f2.0 ED SHG.

Just to be sure my E-5 lives on for years to come, I purchased 4 new batteries for it. My biggest concern about owning older digital cameras is the possibility that good batteries will no longer be available for them in the future.

Here are a few shots from today.

Gary

Native Alaskan sculpture in the BP atrium. E-5 and the 150/2 at f2. Minor adjustments to contrast, no added sharpening.

Bristol Bay Native Corporation building. E-5 and the 14-35/2 at f8. Minor adjustments to contrast, no added sharpening.
Gary, wonderful images, terrific IQ. Your FT gear does not disappoint! :thumbs: :clap:

bensonga

Thanks K-H. I'm certainly enjoying the E-5 and these 4/3rds lenses. :thumbs:

Here is one more shot of the Bristol Bay Building with the 14-35/2 lens at 14mm. It was a sunny and almost spring day here in Anchorage. :)

Gary