The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

AlanS

The first pic shows "La Giralda" (center) the bell tower atop a former minaret from the Moorish Mosque that pre-dates the Cathedral. The Moors had occupied this part of Spain/Portugal for nearly 500yrs before they where pushed out in the late 12th & early 13th centuries (back to N. Africa). The rest are a few views from the bell tower....

scho

E-M1II with Canon EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 L @ approx 300mm using Fotodiox Fusion AF EF to MFT adapter. Worked quite well with fast, smooth AF.

Last edited:

AlanS

So to finish this series off a few typical houses that caught my eye and an imposing wall. For anyone interested the lens used for the majority of shots is the PanaLeica 12-60 f2.8-4, and for the Seville Cathedral ones the Lumix 7-14 f4.
Thank's for your patience and I hope you enjoyed.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Fantastic photos Alan. Me? I never get to see anything, except the occasional seafood dinner :scry:

GX8 with Zuiko 8mm f/1.8 @ f/1.8

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks Jorgen. My, that looks yummy! Is that a spare place set for me? :cool:
If you come here, I'll take you there. It's a fantastic restaurant, next to the fish market in Mahachai, 40 kilometres southwest from Bangkok. It's part of a 2-3 day sightseeing I sometimes invite friends on, travelling on strange, old railways, the back of pickup trucks and on canal boats.

scho

Buttermilk Falls. Olympus E-M1II with 12-100 @ 16mm. Raw file was exported as a TIFF to Topaz AI Gigapixel 4 for a 2x enlargement (final was 80 MP). Process took about 30 minutes on my Mac Mini with 16 GB RAM and std Iris graphics processor. Click image for full 80MP file.

bensonga

Patiently waiting for the ice to melt...

The ducks on the ice were skittish today, so I had to keep my distance and even with the equiv of a 300mm lens, I had to crop this image by about 50%.

I am really impressed with the quality of this lens. It does quite well mounted on a 11+ year old, 12mp camera. One of these days I'll try it on the E-M1X.

Gary

E-5, 150mm f2 ED, ISO 200, 1/1600th at f4

AlanS

That's a cracking lens (and pic) Gary!

River Wear.....
More erosion, we had some heavy rain while I was on holiday and it's taken another lump out of the bank. The line of boulders use to be the nearside bank a few years ago!

Internaut

First time here in a while (work has been crazy). So, guess who picked up a bargain Pen F? Impulse buy I really shouldn't have made given all the economic and political uncertainties here.... But I'm not getting any buyers remorse (or post purchase dissonance if you happen to be sporting an MBA) here :).

Spear Street
by Jason Hindle, on Flickr

AlanS

I really shouldn't have made given all the economic and political uncertainties here....
Don't stress over it Jason, it will just seem like a bad dream in a few years! (Honest :ROTFL:).

River Wear.....