The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I've never been a member of FB, but iirc you posted it on this forum (hoping for birthday presents of some of the many cameras that you say you are very interested in and will buy next year? :ROTFL:
Ah... the Habelsad that nobody gives me :facesmack:

Some of the smaller creatures in the Sea of Cortez, OMD EM5 Mk2, two strobes, 60 macro for all but the Medusa (12-40PRO), all taken free diving.

Juvenile King Angelfish (about 5" long):

_5152403.jpg

Balloonfish (about 7" long):

_A190321.jpg

Cortez Barnacle Blenny (2" long):

_3260099.jpg

Red-head Yellow Striped Goby (1.5' long)

_5142266.jpg

Brown-cheek Blennies fighting (2" long):

_5253199.jpg

1" Jellyfish followed by a tiny, unidentified fish:

_B020170.jpg

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Here's one of thos occasions where a fully articulated LCD is a huge advantage. My arm is all stretched out through a kind of fence and the LCD more or less 90 degrees to the camera body. Face detection isn't among the best with the GX8, but it worked fine here in spite of the dim light inside the tunnel.

GX8 with Pana 25mm f/1.7 @ f/2.2

Internaut

There is something about having a wander around a none touristy Spanish city during Siesta. It won’t last, I suspect. The very pleasant Arrecife is just a short bus ride (or three hour walk, along the coast, as I desperately need the exercise) from two of Lanzarote’s three major resorts. And it has slowly been developing its own tourism.

Siesta
by Jason Hindle, on Flickr

Elderly

I went to the Sony World Photography Awards exhibition yesterday.
I didn't think that it lived up to previous years;
there was an ARTificiality about so many of the images and I wasn't sure about the quality of the printing.
There were however some stunning images among the huge number displayed.

In each room there was a Sony monitor showing a long running but rapidly changing slide show of many many of the categories in that paricular and other random rooms, interspersed with hard to comprehend (during their short duration) captions.
The monitors were set up with a large degree of 'pop', which made the actual prints lack impact.

-

Internaut

there was an ARTificiality about so many of the images and I wasn't sure about the quality of the printing.

In each room there was a Sony monitor showing a long running but rapidly changing slide show of many many of the categories in that paricular and other random rooms, interspersed with hard to comprehend (during their short duration) captions.
The monitors were set up with a large degree of 'pop', which made the actual prints lack impact.
Oh dear. That's surely a real schoolboy error in the photography world.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member

Additive colours versus subtractive... they would never look the same even if they knew what they were doing.

Elderly

Additive colours versus subtractive... they would never look the same even if they knew what they were doing.
You are right, our colour perception of images from a reflective source and an emissive source are always going to be different,
but in this case (and I should have been more explicit in my original post) the differences were exaggerated by the 'TV showroom' settings of the monitors and what I objectively perceived as many of the prints (all made by the same company?) appearing to me, a little faded.

Anyway - to keep this thread on topic as this discussion is not 'fun' - I'm going to post a relevant 'image' :D,
an image that is not a keeper, as in the split second I had to act, the hand moved to mask more of the camera phone and I made the wrong decision to focus on the sign :rolleyes: