The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

pegelli

Great shots of the locomotion event Alan. When I was younger I used to do maintenance, fire and drive steam trains at a museum line in the eastern part of the Netherlands. Every time I see those kind of details it brings back those good memories, so thanks for sharing.

Something different from me, still old, but a few alleys in Breda that caught my eye this morning

Horses for courses

Funnel alley

Both Olympus PEN E-P3 + OM Zuiko 24/2.8

AlanS

Thanks Pieter, I think all of us "older" generation have a soft spot for railways, especially steam! (plenty of the younger ones do too, my Grandaughter loved it!).

AlanS

Thank's very much Jorgen, I am continually trying to simplify my compositions as I have a habit of being drawn to complex scenes that are difficult to interpret! Perhaps it is a sign I am making progress? :cool:

pegelli

I had some real fun with the "pass down" PEN E-P3 I got some time ago, I bought some adapters (OM Zuiko and Leica M) and today I used the latter with my 1958 M-Summicron 50/2 "Dual Range" so I could focus to 45 cm.

On May 1 there is always a vintage car rally in town, so that provided the subject matter :)

1: Bird in flight

2: Porsche

3: Spare wheel hub

4: Stealth bomber

5: BMW Isetta 300

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
An unscheduled visit to a certian shop here in Bangkok led to an equaly unschedule acquisition. Someone is selling his MFT gear, so I got a Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, blue protective plastic still on, for $150. Sems to work fine :)

GX8 with Zuiko 45mm f/1.8 @ f/1.8

Ummm... I have reserved a couple of other items too, but please don't tell my... oh bugger... I don't have a wife, do I? I'm going back next week then :lecture:

pegelli

An unscheduled visit to a certian shop here in Bangkok led to an equaly unschedule acquisition. Someone is selling his MFT gear, so I got a Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, blue protective plastic still on, for $150. Sems to work fine :)
Congrats Jorgen, seems a great deal. I got the same lens together with the E-P3 that was "given" to me a few weeks ago and as the only lens it's a bit long (so I got another and some adapters to use manual lenses), but for candid portraits like you're showing here it's a fine piece of glass. And it's so much smaller and lighter than the 45/1.2 that for a light/casual walk around kit it serves my needs better.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Congrats Jorgen, seems a great deal. I got the same lens together with the E-P3 that was "given" to me a few weeks ago and as the only lens it's a bit long (so I got another and some adapters to use manual lenses), but for candid portraits like you're showing here it's a fine piece of glass. And it's so much smaller and lighter than the 45/1.2 that for a light/casual walk around kit it serves my needs better.
I've been offered an unused E-M5 together with a lens I'm probably buying, and the plan is to build a small kit around that camera and the GM5 with the Zuiko 12mm f/2, Panasonic 25mm f/1.7 and Zuiko 45mm f/1.8. Two bodies and three good prime lenses at under a kilogram :)

Knorp

Honestly - it looked like taken with MFD - if not better :thumbs:
Thanks, Peter. It’s amazing, isn’t it ? And it’s just a JPEG straight out of the camera with only a little colour boost and highlights turned down.

scho

A few shots taken on a walk through Sapsucker Woods at the Cornell Lab of Ornithology. Olympus E-M1 X with the 12-100.

The swamp boardwalk.

Emerging fiddleheads.

Turtles looking for some sun.

Pond

Last edited: